Anybody reload out in a shed?

Depending where you are located I would not store your supplies (primers and powder) in the shed nor would I store your finished rounds in the shed. If you have a basement I would put my loading room underground before in a shed ever again.
okay first the hot then cold swings ruin powder and primers. I learned this the hard way. here is an example of what I mean.. I have a dear wonderful friend, adopted big brother, (outfitter/hunting ranch owner) whom kept his ammo on his dashboard of his truck, mostly 22-250 and 270 Weatherby. one day we saw an injured Elk on his property and had to put it down, well he won the toss and chambered a round and the gun blew up. no one was hurt but the gun was toast. in this instance the powder turned from Retumbo into Bullseye or Red Dot before the primer became inert.
second example, I reloaded in a shed at my first apartment in Montana. I left a box of WLRM Primers out on the loading bench for two weeks, summer time, before I reloaded my 270 Win and 338 Win Mag for the up coming hunting seasons. I shot my last few rounds of the old batch up zeroing a new scope. the new batch was shot on my hunting trip. the first deer I saw was huge bodied and a, messed up bunch of junk, rack. I loved it, I took aim and "CLICK!".. rolled the bolt and CLICK!, again I rolled the bolt, CLICK! (insert mass amounts of cussing here) went back took the three rounds apart and the primers never went off. put new primers in and they went "BANG" every time. BTW the day after I put new primers in the ammo I caught up with "messed up junk" and he is mounted and still in Montana with My adopted big brother. I could not fit him in my moving van when I moved to Carson City, NV .
My best advice to you, Insulate heavily (if you can; R-36 or better) and/or temperature regulate where ever you reload and/or keep your components.

I have been loading in a 16X20 building for years. It is insulated with heat and a/c that I use only when needed. I keep dies, powder, primers in a wood cabinet with no problems. avoid keeping anything such as fertilizer, chlorine ect in the building it creates corrosion on metal. up side is no distractions when loading. In Texas we have a lot of weather change, but still no problems. dehumidifier good idea

Hello good people, I moved to a shed in 2010 I insulated the floor, walls and ceiling I put a small A C for summer and one of the heaters that run cheaper with the heater and the a c I don't run at max just enough to keep a certain temp. My bill in the summer is about 18 to 20 dollars and winter about 8 dollars more.

If its not climate controlled leave your powder and primers inside. Dies too. I loaded for years in a storage area attached to my carport. I had a window ac and would run it too cool off before loading but didnt leave it on when weighing powder. I did most of my loading spring and summer.

I have hand loaded beginning with a Lyman Tong Tool, back in the early '60's in unheated/uncooled areas of the old house, and years in a garage here in N. Louisiana. I have never had a powder or primer failure. The closest to a failure was when I discovered my Grandpa's old 44 W.C.F. Model 92 had a full magazine. I shot them all though several had a short pause between the hammer falling and the round going off. Since retiring from the Navy in 1995 I have had time to shoot more so none of my stock is really old but it is all out there in the garage: caps tight on the powder and primers in their cardboard boxes.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.