Does anybody reload for 300 Savage?

1357MAG

I am having a problem w/ some of my brass. There seems to be a bump above the case mouthe near the web of the case. The "bump" was consistent to a reloading ring in appearance, but does not continue all away around the case, only partially. I am thinking that this is the starting of incipient head seperation. Can anyone advise.
The brass has had some loadings. This is the original brass I had started out with a few years ago when I first started reloading. I may cross section a sample piece to really see what is happening in there.
Comments ready to be heard.

I have cut a cross section out of one of my suspect cases. Inside of the case, at the "swelled" area the case does not seem to be affected. I will have to discard the bad ones as scrap, and keep an eye out for further cases that show these signs.

You know I have a Remington Model 87, circa early 50's or more, that I have really been wanting to play with, just haven't had the nerve to load anything up for it.

It belonged to my mom's uncle and he used to call it his "cannon", :D:D.

It is in almost pristine condition which is why I hate to mess with it. It really has some history to it as well.

I have cases, and dies, but thats about as far as I went/ I was going to get some factory stuff until I saw what it was gong for locally.

Might have to put a few together, what are you using for yours?

I have an old rifle as well. A Rem. M-722, manufactured in 1953. I just checked the throat on it, and it is great shape. My Father also gave it to me some years ago. I love to shoot and reload for it. I get around 1" groups at 100 using Win. brass, 39.0 grains of IMR 4895, CCI #200 primers, and a Sierra Game King 150 Gn. SPBT. I have an old Weaver Marksman 4X with fine crosshair reticle mounted up top.
Hopefully I will shoot a deer with it some day. I cannot hunt with it in NJ though. We are only allowe to hunt deer with m-loader or shotgun so I go to Pennsylvania to hunt some times.

You know I have a Remington Model 87, circa early 50's or more, that I have really been wanting to play with, just haven't had the nerve to load anything up for it.

It belonged to my mom's uncle and he used to call it his "cannon", :D:D.

It is in almost pristine condition which is why I hate to mess with it. It really has some history to it as well.

I have cases, and dies, but thats about as far as I went/ I was going to get some factory stuff until I saw what it was gong for locally.

Might have to put a few together, what are you using for yours?

Mike, I checked out your pics on Photobucket. Holy Hanna, you shoot some dandies down there. When am I coming down for a hog? LOL!