Anybody loading a 6.5-300 with RL26?

AZ Patriot 17

Looking for a place to start with 124HH. I'm hoping this will be a pretty stellar combo. I'm thinking somewhere in the low 70gn range but would like something more specific.

Thanks in advance.

Looking for a place to start with 124HH. I'm hoping this will be a pretty stellar combo. I'm thinking somewhere in the low 70gn range but would like something more specific.

Thanks in advance.
AZ Patriot 17...26" Barrel, COAL 3.560, Case Trim 2.820, Powder RL 26, @ 88.1 % fill, 77.99 Grain, will get you slightly over max pressure 62,025. Velocity 3422 FPS. If you plan on starting at 70 Grains then the pressure is 45807 a very safe starting point. I am waiting to do more testing later next week when it is cooler in the Valley.

Thanks in advance
I am not going to tell you to not use RL26 but, you probably should use something slower. That's a huge case and they really like slower powders. Even with a hammer

Look at the Hammer thread, someone may have posted something on that recipe. Low 70's should be a safe start as posted above.
That's where I started. There's info for Retumbo, which I can use. H1000 start point from another source. I've also got N565, and 568…but no info for either of those.

Like I said, I can use the Retumbo…but would like to save that stuff for my 30N. The 6.5-300 is now a 24" Carbon Six…which is why I was thinking something not quite as slow might be preferred with the 2" shorter barrel.

I'll probably start with H1000 over the Retumbo and see what happens. Hopefully it likes that. But if someone has info for the 2 VV powders listed above, I would be most grateful.

AZ Patriot 17...26" Barrel, COAL 3.560, Case Trim 2.820, Powder RL 26, @ 88.1 % fill, 77.99 Grain, will get you slightly over max pressure 62,025. Velocity 3422 FPS. If you plan on starting at 70 Grains then the pressure is 45807 a very safe starting point. I am waiting to do more testing later next week when it is cooler in the Valley.
Thank you for this!

That's where I started. There's info for Retumbo, which I can use. H1000 start point from another source. I've also got N565, and 568…but no info for either of those.

Like I said, I can use the Retumbo…but would like to save that stuff for my 30N. The 6.5-300 is now a 24" Carbon Six…which is why I was thinking something not quite as slow might be preferred with the 2" shorter barrel.

I'll probably start with H1000 over the Retumbo and see what happens. Hopefully it likes that. But if someone has info for the 2 VV powders listed above, I would be most grateful.
I would try the n568. I like it