Anybody hunting or shooting with their wife/girlfriend?

Please forgive me for being off-topic, but I have to ask a question. My wife and I are both born and raised Washingtonians and as many know, the entire state falls under the the governance of the democrats who basically are primarily rooted in 4 counties along Puget Sound. When it comes to elections, those 4 counties override all the others in the state, and it seems that those in power here are in a race to see who can make their state crazier than California--apologies to those who reside in that--ah-hm-- fine state. Now to my question. My wife and I are retired and have considered moving to Idaho. I would ask what you see as plusses and minuses of Idaho and what areas of the state might be good to check out? Every time I drive through Idaho the roads are in much better condition than in WA state even though WA state has a much larger tax base. I grew up hunting and fishing for salmon and steelhead. Now, much of the land I hunted is now private and the great fishing I once knew resides only in my memories. Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please forgive me for being off-topic, but I have to ask a question. My wife and I are both born and raised Washingtonians and as many know, the entire state falls under the the governance of the democrats who basically are primarily rooted in 4 counties along Puget Sound. When it comes to elections, those 4 counties override all the others in the state, and it seems that those in power here are in a race to see who can make their state crazier than California--apologies to those who reside in that--ah-hm-- fine state. Now to my question. My wife and I are retired and have considered moving to Idaho. I would ask what you see as plusses and minuses of Idaho and what areas of the state might be good to check out? Every time I drive through Idaho the roads are in much better condition than in WA state even though WA state has a much larger tax base. I grew up hunting and fishing for salmon and steelhead. Now, much of the land I hunted is now private and the great fishing I once knew resides only in my memories. Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry friend, but your off topic. Please start your own post. Cheers!

To answer your question...Georgia. Best state in the whole god d@mn union.

Edit: I answered your question because you included your wife and it's a thread about wives. ;):D

My wife is a great partner, although she doesn't care to hunt with me she always encourages me to do so. My two teenage daughters do like to hunt and my wife also thinks that is very special and precious time spent with them. There is always money in the bank when we ask to go! We process all of our game at home so she does help out with that.

My wife really enjoys hunting with me. But we have four young kids so she takes one for the team and allows me to to go when I get a chance while she takes care of them. She really enjoyes bow hunting so I need to find time to get her out more. Probably a better shot then me with her bow too!

I got lucky as well, my wife likes to hunt and fish but definitely not as much as I do. She has killed several deer and elk. She doesn't like the cold, at all, so she tries to hunt the earlier seasons, and long hard hikes are a no go. She hasn't hunted for about three years now because I was working in N.D. maybe this year? She definitely doesn't mind helping put the meat in the freezer.
Right after we were married my father in law told me I owed him a "thank you" with what I'm sure was a dumb founded look from me I asked for what?........ "for training your wife to live with a hunter"
I have to remind myself that he is my father in law not just a friend. We hunt together more times than not.
This is from our trip to Hawaii last year.
2018080395140222.jpg

PM sent about Idaho.

Alright, I've read enough(end of page 2). My wife and I met on Match.com about 3.5 years ago.
Although I'm the hunter of the house, she is clearly the "fisherman" of the household, we were a 98% match,btw.
She was raised in the environment we live in, I'm from serious mountain country. She can head shoot out to past 250 yards. Is open to this new LR style of hunting, aches to get into waterfowl hunting and upland game birds.
One of our greatest passions is hunting cottontails, head shots only. They are tasty critters.
She had never been ice fishing until this year.... I'm not gonna show her anymore secrets. She is on her own from now on. Lol. She's a natural.
My wife is the type of gal that gets ****y if I gut her critters. And she has nails most women would kill for. I'm a lucky fella.
There aren't many women like her. I am blessed.

My lady and my daughter both hunt with me. I enjoy watching them get their animals more than me. So I play guide and they knock em down. Here's the wife with her elk 2 years ago. She shoots a 280 AI with 160 grain Accubonds. Killed a few booners already and love wild game meat. My daughter is just as deadly with her 7mm-08. I enjoy the hell out of it!!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1519944219903.jpg
    FB_IMG_1519944219903.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 94
Good thread Figgy. Lol
I read a lot of these to the " Muzzle Break".
She is glad so many women are supported by their significant others.
And constantly reminds me that women can shoot too. Ha ha

My first wife didn't like hunting or anything that had guns involved,
How she kept this from me while we were dating I have no idea. 13 years of hell and two kids later she cheated and I got rid of that problem. I made up my mind then that any woman I dated that ever complained the first bit would be gone at the first negative word . I went through women like cash at Walmart until I met the wife I have now. She had never shot a firearm or been hunting, that has all changed she shoots every thing rifles,shotguns,archery and fishes too!
She is in my back pocket everywhere I go and I absolutely love having her there . My best friend she is . If I can only get her to clean everything she kills that would be Awesome!

Mine hunts, shoots, fishes, with me, and will clean everything with me including the firearms, best friend and wife for 40yrs....

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.