Anybody have experiance with Leica scopes?

James Jones

I was wondering if any of you guys had any experiance with Leica's line of rifle scopes. I have heard great things about their range finders and spotting scopes but haven't heard to much about their rifle scopes.
How do they compair to Kales , Swaro and Zeiss?

Seems like I remember that the Leicas a few years back were made by Leupold , and were not as good as the VX III's . I think Leica was not particularly happy with the Quality of these Scopes and they were discontinued . Personally , I've never seen or looked through one .

You might be interested to know that Leica is getting back into the rifle scope business. This is according to John Barsness who writes for Rifle and Handloader magazines. We might see a new Leica scope by the end of the year.

I just saw one in a photo in an article written by Boddington.
There´s a post around here where Pete Lincoln asks about the crowd´s desires in order to transmit the ideas to Leica. There was a reference to this possibility of Leica making rifle scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.