Anybody compare Hammer Hunter to CEB Maximus to Hornady CX, etc?

Lately I've noticed that CEB is adjusting the location of the "seal tight band" in some of their Gen-2 product offerings. I'm curious and would like to try them to see what comes of it. It appears these are designed to better suit Mag feeding. This is just my personal opinion and I hope @Samantha-CEB will chime in.
You are correct. We have quite a few different MTH/MTAC bullets that come in a "MAX" single feed version and a standard version. The SealTite band is lower down on the body of the bullet on the MAX version.
And yes, any bullets that are not Lazers that say GEN2 after them have a revised SealTite band position! Primarily it is just the MAXIMUS .264 105 which we adjusted to better suite the 6.5 Grendel and the MTH 243 88gr.
I mentioned this previously in the thread, but would like to mention that the Sealtite band can be seated up to halfway down the case neck.

There's a $1.00 difference per 50 between the 140gn SF Lazer and 125gn Lazer?

If the difference is MTH/Maximus vs Lazer, then yes, it's worth it.

Even at $1/bullet the answer is still YES, for the only thing that touches the animal.
I know the MTH is declining in popularity, but I just found some awesome terminal performance pics that I put on the website from back when thats the only bullet line we had. Pretty gnarly.
*PS this page is still being built so dont judge too harshly lol

CEB TERMINAL PERFORMANCE COLLECTION

Interesting that the CEB's are now listing the projection length. Some of these that they're listing as single feed may actually be mag fed. I'm looking at the 7mm 160 lazer out of a Sherman 7 Max. Brass length of 2.015 and bullet projection length of 1.051 puts me at 3.066, max mag length is 3.10. I may give these a try.

My main point is, just because they advertise some as single feed, they might be capable of mag feeding.
Can confirm. Typically the people who can end up feeding are people with custom mags. Also worth noting is that you seat the Sealtite band halfway down the case neck. Sorry if I sound like a broken record.

Also worth noting is that you seat the Sealtite band halfway down the case neck. Sorry if I sound like a broken record.
Hi Samantha!

Please don't think saying there's anything wrong with the MTH/Maxiumus, rather the Lazer has been excellent for me and I don't see a reason to not use what's worked great and I see as being the best available. (Hey people who call me a Hammer Cultist where y'all at? I'm obviously a MONO Cultist!)

Can you please go more into seating the band inside the neck? I seat mine so it looks like what I saw in the video, I've never pushed the band INTO the case neck. I'm visual and would like to please see that it's ok before I try it 🤓

Hi Samantha!

Please don't think saying there's anything wrong with the MTH/Maxiumus, rather the Lazer has been excellent for me and I don't see a reason to not use what's worked great and I see as being the best available. (Hey people who call me a Hammer Cultist where y'all at? I'm obviously a MONO Cultist!)

Can you please go more into seating the band inside the neck? I seat mine so it looks like what I saw in the video, I've never pushed the band INTO the case neck. I'm visual and would like to please see that it's ok before I try it 🤓

Hi Samantha!

Here you go!

Sealtite-Band-seating-position.jpg

Early version of CE 125 Maximus tumbled in 3 hogs. Dang thing was stupid accurate though.

LeHigh 122's CC also stupid accurate but on a raccoon and coyote it looked like it penciled through. So I never tried in a hog.

124 Hammers have been stellar. The farthest runner was maybe 60 yards but it was already in high sprint after I shot the first hog. They anchor if shooter does their part. Only tested 125 HHT's in 1 coyote head shot (so doesn't count) and 1 hog. Went 20 yards.