CEB Maximus and StaBALL 6.5 for .270 Win

JumpinLegs

I just got some 125 gr CEB Maximus's for my .270 Win. The only powder I have right now is StaBALL 6.5. I already reached out to CEB about load data and they don't have load data using StaBALL 6.5. I don't want to buy a new powder just yet. Does anyone have any suggestions for a starting point? I've been loading 128 gr Lehigh Controlled Chaos and I imagine I can use the same load data, but I just wanted to check here to see if anyone had specific experience with the CEB Maximus and StaBALL 6.5 in .270 before I start loading.

Please don't take this as a dig but it really depends on you level of experience as a reloader. Hodgdon's has some load data using Barnes 130 gr TSX and Staball 6.5. You could try their starting load and work your way up. But it's at you're own risk. I've done similar load work up when there was no data available. But I knew I was doing it at my own risk.

I just got some 125 gr CEB Maximus's for my .270 Win. The only powder I have right now is StaBALL 6.5. I already reached out to CEB about load data and they don't have load data using StaBALL 6.5. I don't want to buy a new powder just yet. Does anyone have any suggestions for a starting point? I've been loading 128 gr Lehigh Controlled Chaos and I imagine I can use the same load data, but I just wanted to check here to see if anyone had specific experience with the CEB Maximus and StaBALL 6.5 in .270 before I start loading.
PM @Samantha-CEB

Please don't take this as a dig but it really depends on you level of experience as a reloader. Hodgdon's has some load data using Barnes 130 gr TSX and Staball 6.5. You could try their starting load and work your way up. But it's at you're own risk. I've done similar load work up when there was no data available. But I knew I was doing it at my own risk.
That's essentially what I had to do with the Lehigh Controlled Chaos with some input from Lehigh, so I figure that's essentially what I'll have to do here as well.

That's essentially what I had to do with the Lehigh Controlled Chaos with some input from Lehigh, so I figure that's essentially what I'll have to do here as well.
If you already tried Staball 6.5 with the Lehigh CC then I think you should be fine. I used Staball 6.5 in my 260 AI and the burn rate seems right for both cartridges. I'd clean all of the Leigh CC copper fouling out and start the load development. I wonder if posting on calguns might yield more hits?

Excellent, thanks for that. I'll work up a load after I get back from my CO muzzy elk trip.
Good luck with your hunt. hopefully some people who have loaded up the CEB will share their experiences. I haven't seem any red flags on the net from credible sources so it should be pretty straight forward.