any load suggestions for 300 win mag using IMR7828 SSC

jammer300

I picked up a pound of IMR 7828 SSC to load in my 300 win mag behind a 168 gr. barnes tsx and wondering if any one has any experience with that bullet/powder combo. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

I have not tried any 7828 SSC in the .300 WinMag yet, because I'm waiting on my buddy who has the .300 WM to go buy his own dang powder. I'm tired of my friends mooching off my stash. :D

If he'll go buy his own lb of powder, I'll let him use my reloading stuff to work up a test load.

I have, however, used 7828 SSC in everything from the .25-06 AI up to the gargantuan .300 Ackley Mag, and had excellent results and temp stability, and incredible consistency from lot-to-lot. DuPont really knows how to make some good powder.

My 2 most used powders are Varget and 7828 SSC, so I try to keep a good stash of them.

I'm pushing 165 accubonds with 76 grains of IMR7828ssc and federal match primers.
The new Tikka superlite really likes it.
As always start a little lower than that.

Use 75 grains behind a Sierra 200gr GMK, w/ Fed#215 primer, WW Brass. This tops in the Sierra manual and the primers look like it. Gets 2950 fps from 26" factory barrel and a SD of 9 fps. ES runs around 12 fps as I recall. I use SD over ES.

KB

thanks everyone for your input I appreciate it. I'm going to try to get out this weekend and see what kind of groups I can get

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.