Any input: March Compact 2.5-25x42mm MTR-FT Reticle D25V42M-MTR-FT

I didn't own that particular model but had a different model with the MTR-1 reticle. I loved everything about the scope except the reticle. The March scope I was using had pretty fine cross-hairs, and was non illuminated. It also didn't have the heavy posts that extend out to the edge of the reticle. In situations were you would look into the timber or something that was dark the cross-hairs were so fine that is was hard to see them. The MTR-FT should be fine since it has heavy posts that extend out. Mine had the MTR-1 reticle.

I'm a March fan...but I'm not carzy about the reticle. It's designed for field target use->air rifle.

1670511681067.png

Well dang, then I may need to look at the MTR-3 or -4 reticle

But that seems like an ideal March scope for the rifle I had in mind.

Thanks for pointing out that reticle design, I never looked at the subtensions.

In lower light the 42mm gets dark when you crank it up above 20x noticeably more than the 52mm, still a great scope though.

I have that scope but not that reticle. It's on my most versatile rifle. I mostly got it for the short range opportunities in the timber where I don't want my FFP reticle to be so small at low power. It has worked out nice and I love the illumination.

I have the 2.5-25x52 MTR5 on one of my 300WMs. Love it.

When you guys order your March scopes you may want to ask your dealer about the engraving service offered by March. They can offer logos or just scripts. Prices vary if they provide the logo or you do.

Last edited: