Another pile of goats down.

Tikkamike

Well saturday was out annual family antelope hunt we had 6 bucks and 3 does to kill. It was hot so we ended up deciding not to kill them all in one trip so we could be sure not to loose any of the meat. First thing out the gate my sister was up and I was hoping to get her a 6-700 yards shot with my 338 Lapua. on a buck but the first buck we saw wouldnt stand still long enough for us to get set up on with so we moved on. Next goat we spotted wouldnt stand still either so we decided to shoot one of his does since she had a buck and a doe tag. I got her all set up and ranged it at 945 yards. Boom and about a second and a half later when the 300 SMK got there she was DRT! It was an awesome shot. And she had a big crowd watching so it made her look like a bad *** too.
2011-09-24085650.jpg

As we were driving up there the buck was just standing there starring at the doe so my sisters husband decided to shoot it. This was his first big game kill and also the first kill with the 300 ultra he just bought. he made a nice 187 yard shot with a 180TTSX through the shoulders. You cant really see in the pic but this buck has double cutters. there is a set in the back too.
2011-09-24090346.jpg

Next up was my cousin. She has killed an antelope buck one other time a few years ago other than that she hasnt done much shooting of any kind. She shot this buck at about 100 yards with her ruger 77 in 260.
2011-09-24113318.jpg

I didnt take any other pics because my phone died but My buddy also shot a nice buck at 475 yards. then my sister shot a small buck with a .45 and my sisters husband shot a doe at 314 yards. it was a fun day despite the heat and got to see some good shooting.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.