Another bear incident

And there is a reason they were put on this planet in the 1st place for anyone that cares to do the research and find out. WE are the tresspassers, as we always have been and probably always will be. Maybe if we stayed in our neighborhood, they'd stay in theirs. Besides, if we exterminated them... along with the wolves, what would we have to kill and mount?

My forefathers managed to cohabitat with the creatures that we are blessed with on this earth. And when we did have to kill for self preservation or self defense, we didn't have the benefit of a Magnum and state of the art optics. Life on this planet is a 2 way street. There has to be some giving with all the taking...

a.k.a. Wolfsoldier Three Crows
Soldier/Hunter/Warrior
Actually neither they nor us are the trespassers, we're all a part of the same plan.

The problem is, the predators can't tell the difference between game, livestock, and us.

We're all just protein to them.

When they threaten us or our animals, we simply reassert ourselves as the Apex Predator God made us to be.

Actually neither they nor us are the trespassers, we're all a part of the same plan.

The problem is, the predators can't tell the difference between game, livestock, and us.

We're all just protein to them.

When they threaten us or our animals, we simply reassert ourselves as the Apex Predator God made us to be.
Gotya WR and I agree. It's the exterminating part where I part ways...

Not as much joy in it as some may think... :cool:

I'd imagine it's more sporting to shoot feral pigs in Texas...

Attachments

• Photo-0198.jpg
    Photo-0198.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
I guess we should stay indoors according to some opinions. I never said to exterminate them thats basically what our forefathers did. Populated areas do not need predators around. When cougars hunt down kids on swingsets in their own yards, they have to be removed. A bicycle rider lost his life to a cougar last week in northern california. GOD gave us dominion over all animals. To believe that you can go stay among them and not get harmed is foolhardy.

I guess we should stay indoors according to some opinions. I never said to exterminate them thats basically what our forefathers did. Populated areas do not need predators around. When cougars hunt down kids on swingsets in their own yards, they have to be removed. A bicycle rider lost his life to a cougar last week in northern california. GOD gave us dominion over all animals. To believe that you can go stay among them and not get harmed is foolhardy.

Somebody tried that with grizzly bears.:)

Timothy Treadwell, if I recall correctly. In spite of being warned about the dangers of living with his bear friends, he chose otherwise.

Ended up bear scat.

Ouch!

Testing death is a tough way to learn a life's lesson. Many experts tried to persuade Treadwell that he was foolishly tempting death. He finally crossed paths with a single-minded boar that lacked all respect of humans. One that only played for keeps.

The biggest tragedy, and shame, was Treadwell lulling his girlfriend into accompanying him on his life and death hobby.

Eventually, it was bound to go bad.

Active year for bears in that area of MT this year. I hunt there and know someone who lives there and he and his son both had bears get part of their elk before they could get it all out. From the way things went down they were pretty sure the bears were there watching waiting for them to pack a load out then went in...
Must have been a **** black bear!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.