Off on another Black Bear hunt.

Dave they are some nice pics.thanks for the
viewing pleasure and congrats on the biggen.

it was standing facing away I hit it between the ears NOT GROCERYS AGAIN

Littletoes

I had a case of Federal Gold Medal Match for use in competitions and this was some left from that case. I use case lot Match Ammo for matches as it's too much reloading to keep up for match shooting. I'm about to pick up another 2 cases, one of Federal and one of Black Hills.

Nice bears Dave. Glad I don't have to drive that far for a bear, but you scored I struck out this time.

I almost had a shot at one 620yds away but as I was setting up from below I noticed two hunters about 300yds below the bear to the right. I rode up around the corner to get a clearer view and two young girls were sitting on their wheelers tellin the guys up there wich way to go with radios. They knew it wasn't leagal, but just kept on talkin anyway. The bear moved into a thick draw and dissapeared from sight. We could have took him then but didn't, they never did find him after that. I got my eye on a big brown that's in my moose hunting area for this fall.

Hey Dave, gotta think Sierra should rethink there thoughts on match bullets, that bear relly looks dead to me! Are them Badger rings on that gun? nice

littletoes

Yes, those are Badger rings and bases on the rifle. It's a GA Precision M40A1 clone rifle with Winchester Model 70 steel floorplate and a Leupold M1 3.5 x 10 LR scope.

BTW we finished the fleshing and such yesterday at the taxidermist and the bear squared 7 feet exactly.

7! SEVEN! Bear ain't as small as you thought, is it Dave! They just wake up a little skinny in the spring, thats all!
Have the same scope on a 300 mag. If you don't mind me askin, how much for 'em? (the rings) How do they compare to Leupold's tactical rings?

[ 06-07-2002: Message edited by: littletoes ]

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.