Another bear incident

Active year for bears in that area of MT this year. I hunt there and know someone who lives there and he and his son both had bears get part of their elk before they could get it all out. From the way things went down they were pretty sure the bears were there watching waiting for them to pack a load out then went in...

Indeed, between forest fires and drought it's been a tough year for bears. When the berries are poor, keep your head up!

Can't say anything about bears.....but I just found out a state is eradicating cougars.....because they are way out of control...." One canyon had 20 cats shot in two days"....one unit.........and there were several units where the officials were doing the census number takedown.....but every feline had to have DNA test run or the project would not have taken place....they are trying to connect cougar movement from state to state.........

Can't say anything about bears.....but I just found out a state is eradicating cougars.....because they are way out of control...." One canyon had 20 cats shot in two days"....one unit.........and there were several units where the officials were doing the census number takedown.....but every feline had to have DNA test run or the project would not have taken place....they are trying to connect cougar movement from state to state.........

Must have been a hell of a canyon. All females and cubs. No game animals.
Adult male cougars roam widely, covering a home range of 50 to 150 square miles, depending on the age of the cougar, the time of year, type of terrain, and availability of prey. Adult male cougars' home ranges will often overlap those of 3 to 4 females.

Let's just say.......they killed every cat that was treed....and they didn't hurt the numbers of turntable cats in the area....hunters were reporting the over abundance of cats seen during their hunts for other animals..and a lack of game animals.........if i we're to say the units name anyone knowing the name would not be surprised......it is an area that was land swapped when Bill Clithead was screwing up things just before getting out of office....and the game animals have been severely decimated..and not by hunters.......

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.