Here is a couple pictures of a Holland Radial brake on a SFII 300RUM

img1591a.jpg

img1587o.jpg

img1586d.jpg

Here is a couple pictures of a Holland Radial brake on a SFII 300RUM

img1591a.jpg

img1587o.jpg

img1586d.jpg
Absolutely magnificent!!!! Gotta go.....my mouth is "drooling"! What barrel are you using? Is it buttoned or grooved? It is free floating so what stock are you using? One thing for sure.....it is "Beautiful"!

Need to improve? Talk to Miles Gibby(master gunsmith) 1 706 778-7847. Lonnie Hummel (Chief Engineer) for Hornady(Grand Island Neb.) states: "Miles is the best kept secrect on the East Coast". This signal is 5x5. Miles built a 300 A.I. custom for me that puts 3 rounds on the crosshairs at 400 yards inside .523 inch (centered). Confirmed by eight witness signatues. Need More? [email protected]

Thanks for the advice, but I I'll probably stick with Kirby for all my future gun smithing. Thanks though.

It's a plain old Sendero SFII in 300 Rum factory barrel. It is 100% floated. I don't live near Kirby so I had to use some nice guy named Darrell Holland. He lives out in the sticks about an hour south of me. I doubt he gets much highway exposure. I used one of his regular QD brakes on a previous 300 Rum Sendero and it was really effective. This one has so much surface area and being angled back I'm thinking it's just going to be a bit better.

It's a plain old Sendero SFII in 300 Rum factory barrel. It is 100% floated. I don't live near Kirby so I had to use some nice guy named Darrell Holland. He lives out in the sticks about an hour south of me. I doubt he gets much highway exposure. I used one of his regular QD brakes on a previous 300 Rum Sendero and it was really effective. This one has so much surface area and being angled back I'm thinking it's just going to be a bit better.

Some of the worlds best gunsmiths remain hidden to the public. What really counts is that it works. Right On!! My expert gunsmith lives in Corneillia Ga. out in the sticks but builds some of the best rifles on the market. Quality has no boundary except for those who abuse it. Good Luck. J.D.

This one has so much surface area and being angled back I'm thinking it's just going to be a bit better.

Very nice looking break. I take it you haven't fired a round through it yet? Report back on your first few rounds please, would love to know how effective it is. Thanks

J. Sibble

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.