Another .300 RUM

carterv

.300 Ultra Mag By Wayne York, Oregunsmithing LLC.

This is my first post, I have been a long time reader. This is also my first custom gun. I used a lot of info from this site as a basis for this build. Thanks to all who contributed with out knowing it.

I had a hang up on the break, but I decided that I like to see what my bullet is hitting.

So far I am very happy with the out come. Here are a few pictures.

Montana Action, #5 28" Lilja 3 grove, stock by Oregunsmithing. Weight is 9 lbs even with scope.

The target below has two groups. The left is a 4 shot group with 200 gr Sierra with 94 gr of Rutumbo (the flier is the first shot/clean barrel ) The more centered group is a 210 Berger wit 92 gr. of Rutumbto. I just picked these loads off the forum and crossed my fingers and went shooting. Not to bad.

The 210 Berger averaged 3080 fps. The 200 Sierra averaged 3160 fps.

With my last three shots I put three more dents in the 1000 yard dong. For her first outing she did great. Many more to come.

Carter
PA230372.jpg
PA230375.jpg

Last edited:
I have two custom 300 ultramags. they are great rifles and good for anything, anywhere, anytime. I was shooting mine yesterday out to a half mile with 208 amax at 3210 fps. 4" groups there. You will love it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts