Annie Annealer

Some of the folks I shoot with have Annie's and seem pleased. In fact, one of the guys is pretty technical and has provided input into the design over time. They also like the water cooled capability.

I ordered a water cooled Annie this morning. Says it could take 4 weeks to ship. Gives me time to read the manual. Already have plenty of brass to anneal when it gets here.

Into week 4 and no annie nor any reply to my email. I've since ordered the handgun coil and it took a week to get to shipping. Got an email that it was shipped but tracking shows 3 days later that the label has been created and still in san diego. Not impressed with this outfit at all.
Im just about as nervous about buying from CA as I am buying chinese

Into week 4 and no annie nor any reply to my email. I've since ordered the handgun coil and it took a week to get to shipping. Got an email that it was shipped but tracking shows 3 days later that the label has been created and still in san diego. Not impressed with this outfit at all.
Im just about as nervous about buying from CA as I am buying chinese
That is what I had been reading from others experience, it is the only reason why I did not purchase one. I instead, went with the Annealeez, although it is flame, it does what I need it to do. Good luck on getting it shipped to you very soon.

As I come up on a month with Annie, I have have 2 issues. 1. the water pump cant be powered via the db9 connector. Called Garret and he said he would ship new connector, 3 weeks later its not here. Emailed him yesterday and he said he messed up and he has since shipped it via the slow boat USPS. 2. When I set the timer and anneal a case, the timer for some reason doubles its previous setting and if not caught, will cook the next case. Reported this to Garret and he has avoided the issue twice so far. In one conversation he did say some had timing chip issues but didnt go into exactly what the issues were.
I also ordered the pistol coil but so far I havent needed it and I've annealed 45 acp, 40, 10mm, 357, 45 colt, 454 C. Will update as this goes on.

As I come up on a month with Annie, I have have 2 issues. 1. the water pump cant be powered via the db9 connector. Called Garret and he said he would ship new connector, 3 weeks later its not here. Emailed him yesterday and he said he messed up and he has since shipped it via the slow boat USPS. 2. When I set the timer and anneal a case, the timer for some reason doubles its previous setting and if not caught, will cook the next case. Reported this to Garret and he has avoided the issue twice so far. In one conversation he did say some had timing chip issues but didnt go into exactly what the issues were.
I also ordered the pistol coil but so far I havent needed it and I've annealed 45 acp, 40, 10mm, 357, 45 colt, 454 C. Will update as this goes on.
I would ask for the tracking number, he should provide that when he tells you that it has shipped.

If the company supports its product and you're happy then by all means use that extra $$ and shoot more. It pained me to spend so much on the AMP but now that it's paid for and been in use for a couple of years I'm loving it. I've use other methods with success as well. Started with salt bath method and was very pleased for the price.

I want to thank everyone that is contributing to this thread.
I had an Annealeez version 1 for quite some time now and ready to pull the trigger on induction annealing.

I would prefer to save about a $1000CDN or more with the Annie instead of an AMP.

With this the most recent thread on the Annie it still appears to be a roll of the dice on how long it will run for before sending it back.

Quick anneal is an option . Looks pretty slick and $990 shipped to the USA.
75780760-307F-44BC-8F72-5D02E081CD3F.jpeg
75780760-307F-44BC-8F72-5D02E081CD3F.jpeg

I want to thank everyone that is contributing to this thread.
I had an Annealeez version 1 for quite some time now and ready to pull the trigger on induction annealing.

I would prefer to save about a $1000CDN or more with the Annie instead of an AMP.

With this the most recent thread on the Annie it still appears to be a roll of the dice on how long it will run for before sending it back.
I would not hesitate to buy the annie again if i had it to do over. I am happy with it. the db9 connector arrives today and Ive been using it with the wall power pack that comes with it. I've annealed hundreds of cases with it. If the db 9 doesn't work then I will likely ship it back to be fixed and also have the timing chip replaced while it is there.