Annealing Machines

Go with salt bath annealing, it is the most consistent way except MAYBE for the AMP...maybe. It has proven to be vastly more consistent and forgiving than any torch/open flame method and the best part is you can get set up for about $160 including shipping. Get yourself the small Lee precision melter ($35-$40) then go to ballistic recreations.com and buy the salt bath annealing kit ($100) and your good to go.

The 2 small downsides to salt bath is it's not automated, you have to dunk each case by hand and you have to rinse the case mouths off in water. I say small price to pay for such an effective and consistent method.

Mine cost me nothing.

Even the life time tank of propane,,, hose,,, and 2 flame tips cost nill...

Our fad shop had the 750 paint in stock...

I fabbed up a up-right stand,,, added Four 5/8 deep sockets back to back like a cross and welded them to a Tumbler handle...

Its fairly tall so I can have my cake pan on an angle with a towel to catch the brass on the rotation...

I practic my timing with the paint,,, then the same in a dark room,,, no paint since I flip the brass just as it gets to a very thin glow...

The torches are pretty hot,,, 4 1/2 ish seconds per turn... 400 brass @ 35 minutes...

Fast frugal and simple.

Only test I've run is getting more consistent seating and better ES with the salt bath method over the Bench-Source annealing machine.

YouTube and plenty of people showing exact part and part number off amazon to buy parts that you need to make a machine. Think I got around 50$ in mine with a adjustable speed for rotating the pan. Not the prettiest but works as good as those 400$ ones.
If I was a completion shooter and shot thousands of rounds then I would spend the money but for myself 50$ worked. I can annel 100 pieces of brass once I get speed right and touch tip in under 2 min. Most expensive the is the templaque for the brass temp. Fellas watch the u tube and save some money or spend it and buy it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.