Annealing Machines

Bitis Arietans

It seems to me that you'll definitely get many advantages from annealing... from increased brass life to more consistent sizing.

I've seen everything online from homemade jobs to big bucks - $1000 or more
I saw some members that are partial to the induction unit from Fluxeon, The Annie, which is about $500, I suppose I could manage that.

I just don't have the welding skills that may be required for a homemade unit:rolleyes:

Does anyone have any strong opinions? 'bout the Annie or others?

thanks as always

It seems to me that you'll definitely get many advantages from annealing... from increased brass life to more consistent sizing.

I've seen everything online from homemade jobs to big bucks - $1000 or more
I saw some members that are partial to the induction unit from Fluxeon, The Annie, which is about $500, I suppose I could manage that.

I just don't have the welding skills that may be required for a homemade unit:rolleyes:

Does anyone have any strong opinions? 'bout the Annie or others?

thanks as always

Most important.thing.about annealing is it must be done.correctly. to little.and.you have.done nothing, too much and it could be dangerous, inconsistent and again you have.not helped.at.all. Use the tempilaq when setting up your annealer

Most who have tried it.and found it.lacking did it wrong.

I can attest to the fact that you can certainly feel the difference between work hardened brass and.freshly annealed when seating bullets. Great way to keep neck tension consistent.

I have the garaud. Works.great. set.it.up and.let it.run.

They did not have the induction annealers.when i got.mine. i would give.them a hard look if i were in the.market.

Depending on your budget, research the AMP annealer. It's made in New Zealand, but is now available from Graf&Sons. I have used the gas units and they take time to setup, when changing calibers, using Tempilac to calibrate each time. Which ever you choose, the induction annealer seem to be replacing a lot of the gas torch type. I am using the AMP unit and have found it to be, by far, the most consistent I have used. Neck sizing and FL sizing are spot on and bullet seating is smooth, after annealing.

I will second the above.

It's a big pill to swallow but I am very pleased with the AMP.

I like the science behind it and the great consistency. They will even test your own brass for free and give you a custom setting.

Dealing with open flame and adjusting time and temperature for different calibers each and every time would have taken the fun out of it.

Couldn't be easier to change calibers on the AMP.

You do need unique pilots and a shell holder for different calibers which adds to cost.

You do need to handle each piece of brass not unlike the Giraud trimmer which is another essential piece of equipment.

Instructions say it will shut down automatically for cooling but that hasn't happened in over 500 case runs in a 68 degree room.

I like it and recommend it highly.

You won't be sorry, after the sticker shock wears off. Alex has great data base for most calibers/ brass thickness. An email will get quick response, great customer service.

i have one of the garaud ones and it works great. I like not having to handle every piece. just get it set and load it up. lets you do other things while it runs. I put an alum painters tray under it so the brass roles down away from the machine and just stacks up as it cools down

i have one of the garaud ones and it works great. I like not having to handle every piece. just get it set and load it up. lets you do other things while it runs. I put an alum painters tray under it so the brass roles down away from the machine and just stacks up as it cools down

I don't find.my garaud difficult.to set up at.all. pretty well have my settings.dialed.in. Do use tempilaq paint but i think i would.use it with any annealing system.

Load.it.up and.let.it go.

I have a Ballistic Edge Model 360 that I use to anneal up to BMG based cases like the 50 DTC.

I have an older Annealeez that I use for upto 378/460 Weatherby. I can make different wheels for it. I have made a couple mods and still have some more to go. Mostly about how to change the wheels and adjust the torch.

I have the parts for an induction based annealer. I just haven't figured out how I want it to work.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.