Anchoring game. Why high shoulder over neck shots?

Neck & high shoulder have similar terminal effect when properly implemented. Neck may result in less meat loss. I have only done each once. since backing down to the 6mm ARC I have had a bit more confidence in implementing either shot with the high shoulder being favored when in doubt. The neck shot was only utilized as that was all that was offered for a target along with the head on a doe.

Had my doubts on sufficent bullet expansion, on soft tissue - with a 108 grain Elite Hunter on a 254 yard shot. The brute of a whitetail was out cold at the shot. High shoulder was implemented to good effect. Still learning as I go.

Last edited:
Your lack of knowledge pertaining to terminal ballists is astounding!

A close range shot with a .375 will produce far less bloodshot meat than an equally placed bullet from the same range as let's say……a 130 grain cup and core bullet from a .270 Win!

So……continue talking from your rectum! memtb
Yet you claim a 375 is the only way to kill elk....but a 270 will cause more damage.

Ok....whatever you say.

Yet you claim a 375 is the only way to kill elk....but a 270 will cause more damage.

Ok....whatever you say....

Your reading comprehension and ability to morph the facts are only surpassed by your lack of knowledge of pertaining to cartridges, bullets, biology, and terminal ballistics!

You certainly have a job awaiting you with the mainstream news media…..heck, you may be overqualified! (Hint) memtb

Last edited:
Your reading compression and ability to morph the facts are only surpassed by your lack of knowledge of pertaining to cartridges, bullets, biology, and terminal ballistics!

You certainly have a job awaiting you with the mainstream news media…..heck, you may be overqualified! (Hint) memtb
Rich coming from you lol lol

So 375ai causes less bloodshot meat than a 270 with a 130gr cup and core bullet. So by your own admission the 270 has the capability to cause to much damage, then why use a 375?

Basically I've had enough of your b.s and your Fudd lore yapping.

Rich coming from you lol lol

So 375ai causes less bloodshot meat than a 270 with a 130gr cup and core bullet. So by your own admission the 270 has the capability to cause to much damage, then why use a 375?

Basically I've had enough of your b.s and your Fudd lore yapping.

You do have difficulty with facts…..are you a democrat? memtb

Ok....whatever you say.
When the heck has he claimed this? He's reported his success using one…he's never told me (or anyone I'm aware of) that we're doing it wrong by using a .300 Winnie or something else. I think his wife uses a .338 (what a wimp!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣) Can you show a shred of evidence to back up your accusation that he's said it's "the only way" or are you full of it? It is one or the other. I have my suspicions…

Its my understanding (for what thats worth) an "instant drop" high shoulder shot requires enough velocity to cause a shut down of the CNS. I cannot remember the recommended velocity. A neck shot virtually always causes instant drop, before I went to almost exclusive archery hunting, all I used for a decade or more was neck shots.