Anchoring game. Why high shoulder over neck shots?

To me, shoulder is a solid shot, but there is always the chance the deer can carry it off it a little back. 1.5-2" in front of the shoulder is the brachial plexus. You hit that and lights out, every time, even with a Berger. Depending on the area I am hunting, distance, and size of the deer, I will opt for the most ethical, consistent and makable shot. Down east in Hyde county where once you are off the trail, you are crawling or bull dozing to get anywhere, brachial plexus or I don't shoot. If the deer carries off your shot, the bears will have him before you can track to him.

Some times you simply have to take what you can get. Many times with what I do you shoot the first shot and several will run off then get to a point and stop. Their whole body will be facing away as they look back over their shoulder. If I have a good brace and feel confident I will shoot where the neck joins the head. Right over the back. That is an absolutely devastating shot. I do hate the Texas heart shot. It all depends on what the animal gives you.

Behind the shoulder guy here. However, it seems high shoulder is becoming more popular for "no tracking" shots. Why is high shoulder so favored over neck shots? Neck shots seem to have the same effect. Is it because if you miss the shoulder the animal is still "dead."

Please discuss.
High shoulders is perfect to save you from having to deal with the other 30% of your meat!!