Anchoring game. Why high shoulder over neck shots?

Bright green is actually more visible to me than red but that's on bow sight pins.
Sold a pair of Zeiss Victory RF Binos for Leicas because of the display color's visibility also.
Im not very good at repairing multi-wire harnesses as you can imagine
I see that a lot. For some folks the bright green pops and pink (red spectrum) disappears. Sporting clays is certainly an eye game and if you set targets long enough you'll learn about the eyes.
Another big problem we deal with is "strobing". In wooded environments we get areas of sunlight and shadow. Targets passing from one to another just disappear or become very hard to pick up. The eye can't react fast enough.
I don't see well in low light anymore. A result of welding and using a cutting torch quite a lot. I blood trail better with whiter light.
Ive also learned that my eyes may work much better with scope brand A's eyebox and lenses than scope brand B. Even though both are very high quality. I see well with Zeiss or most Nightforce optics. Same with flounder gigging. They pop in certain light spectrums. Whiter for me. Yet fade out in more yellow tints.

I shoot sporting clays with a friend who is red /green color blind. I can't tell you how many times he never sees the clay with a dark background
Unfortunately, I do not know but there may be a certain shade lens, purple or orange, that may help him out a little with that. Someone that specializes is shooting glasses could help. Vermillion or orange works for me. Everything disappears for me with light purple lenses. Some folks find the exact opposite. For some folks nothing helps. All of this can help with blood trailing too. Certain tints of lenses or flashlights may help.

Bright green is actually more visible to me than red but that's on bow sight pins.
Sold a pair of Zeiss Victory RF Binos for Leicas because of the display color's visibility also.
Oh man! They need to cast you in one of those 80s-90s action movies where someone is always trying to figure out which wire to cut on the bomb as the clock counts down. I'm actually surprised they never made a movie about this very thing! A bomb squad operator who doesn't know that he's colourblind!!! 🤣. That could be funny as all get out.

Unfortunately, I do not know but there may be a certain shade lens, purple or orange, that may help him out a little with that. Someone that specializes is shooting glasses could help. Vermillion or orange works for me. Everything disappears for me with light purple lenses. Some folks find the exact opposite. For some folks nothing helps. All of this can help with blood trailing too. Certain tints of lenses or flashlights may help.
He's been hooked up with some of the glasses reps . not sure how much it has helped . I sent him a link to Enchroma

He's been hooked up with some of the glasses reps . not sure how much it has helped . I sent him a link to Enchroma
It has to be tough to deal with. A lot of my clubs shooters are in their late 70s and 80s. I make an effort to set highly visible targets.
What I deal with more than anything as an instructor is varying degrees of shift in eye dominance. There's no one fix for that. Every single case is different.

Good for you! A lot of people might not have even thought anything of it or seen the need to destroy the bodies. Also good on you for putting suffering animals out of their trouble. Human suffering is different, humans are different: but there is absolutely nothing even possibly redemptive about animal suffering. It's just sad. Best to make it stop if you can.

I had to put my cat down the other day…he was terrified of the vet, I took him out to a quiet place, gave him some of his favourite wet cat food to munch on, and shot him in the back of the head while he was eating. He had been suddenly losing weight, losing fur in big clumps, acting miserable all day every day, and had what appeared to be some kind of tumour on his face. He was 3. It was the right thing to do.

Someone i know who is an animal lover (but the anti-hunter anti-farmer type who would subject some poor old suffering critter to surgeries and other interventions out of the misguided idea that it's always cruel to kill something) found out that I had taken care of this myself asked me in horror

"How do you sleep at night?"

More than a little annoyed and still personally sad about having had to do what needed doing, i dryly replied

"With my eyes closed."
Putting down a pet is very difficult. It's every bit as painful as seeing a family member die. I have put down two of my own dogs when I had to, asked a neighbor to put down a horse of mine that had been hit by truck, and the last old dog I had the vet do the deed while I watched... Not sure some folks will ever understand how difficult that is. Anyways... Stay strong and sleep well.

Putting down a pet is very difficult. It's every bit as painful as seeing a family member die. I have put down two of my own dogs when I had to, asked a neighbor to put down a horse of mine that had been hit by truck, and the last old dog I had the vet do the deed while I watched... Not sure some folks will ever understand how difficult that is. Anyways... Stay strong and sleep well.
Very true, it's very hard. 😢

Speaking of RF Binos...

I bought my son a pair a few years ago for Christmas.
After prepping it and putting the battery in he went outside to try them out. He called me over and said, "I must be doing something wrong, the range finder is not working."
So, I grabbed them and looked around and ranged different objects flawlessly. I handed them over saying they worked just fine.
He tried again several times and saw nothing until he closed his left eye and the ranging reticle appeared to him.
He is left handed and left eye dominate and the range-finding unit is in the right bino tube! He has good vision but never realized how much more his dominate eye controls what he sees.

Wandering if anyone else experienced this...

Speaking of RF Binos...

I bought my son a pair a few years ago for Christmas.
After prepping it and putting the battery in he went outside to try them out. He called me over and said, "I must be doing something wrong, the range finder is not working."
So, I grabbed them and looked around and ranged different objects flawlessly. I handed them over saying they worked just fine.
He tried again several times and saw nothing until he closed his left eye and the ranging reticle appeared to him.
He is left handed and left eye dominate and the range-finding unit is in the right bino tube! He has good vision but never realized how much more his dominate eye controls what he sees.

Wandering if anyone else experienced this...
I have not but with all my work and dealing with eye dominance it makes perfect sense. I'm glad at least that his dominant hand and eye are on the same side.

I have not but with all my work and dealing with eye dominance it makes perfect sense. I'm glad at least that his dominant hand and eye are on the same side.
Yeah….
I kinda messed him up as a youngster!
I taught him to shoot and throw a ball right handed at a very young age because most guns are for righty's and for flexibility in sports.

He had struggles very early on but adapted very well and became a very good wing and rifle shooter and excelled in sports.

He eats, brush teeth and writes left.🤷‍♂️

Yeah….
I taught him to shoot and throw a ball right handed at a very young age because most guns are for righty's and for flexibility in sports.

He had struggles very early on but adapted very well and became a very good wing and rifle shooter and excelled in sports.

Sounds like my brother. He is basically ambidextrous. Being a lefty in the gun world is getting better but it can still be a hassle. I get alot of questions about this very thing with parents of young kids. I always tell them to let me asses their dominance if possible before they even start playing with toy guns. Then train them to use the side of the dominant eye. That way they don't develop muscle memory for the wrong side. Once a habit is developed it's hard to break. With center vision however, neither side is correct. You can help some of that issue with extra stock cast. You can always tell a center vision shooter because they cant he gun in toward the bridge of the nose.

Yeah….

Mom told me I was starting to be a lefty but she switched me to right hand when I was young. At 64 too late to change now even though my left eye is better than my right. Ironically my daughter is a lefty.