Analysis Paralysis

I think 15 years ago the tuned package Gunwerks makes was more appealing but with what is readily available today maybe only to someone really trying to push limits and isn't interested in loading their own ammo. You mentioned that you were going to be hunting from a blind and that you practice at a local range. What sort of distances are you able to practice and hunt at? There's readily available ammo that is very consistent for the calibers you were looking at. Add a good rifle that you can shoot under moa and some good rangefinding equipment, you could be hitting pretty reliably at 500 yds with reasonable amount of practice. Anyone that isn't shooting regularly and really can judge wind well probably shouldn't go beyond that.

Handloading for me right now is not something I'm interested in. I have all the equipment and before kids and work took over my life I enjoyed loading. Now it's a chore and not something I want to do. I will probably take it back up someday but for now I want a rifle that will shoot factory ammo well and I don't need to tinker with it. I'd rather spend time shooting than loading when I get some free time.

Handloading for me right now is not something I'm interested in. I have all the equipment and before kids and work took over my life I enjoyed loading. Now it's a chore and not something I want to do. I will probably take it back up someday but for now I want a rifle that will shoot factory ammo well and I don't need to tinker with it. I'd rather spend time shooting than loading when I get some free time.
6.5 PRC is a lazer inside 500 yds and more than adequate on deer. 143 gr ELDX zeroed at 300 should be about 3" high at 100 yds and 21" low at 500yds. That's a quick calculation, don't hold me to that as exact. Just saying that you wouldn't need to do anything too complicated. Any reticle with some hold marks will get the job done. The Seekins element is short, light, and will shoot hornady bullets very well. That's what they test with generally.

No doubt tools can help, but l2land brings up good points.

The werkman is a fairly unremarkable set of stats for its price tag, and uses or is setup for factory hornady ammo. The ammo is decent ammo, and seems to shoot good in most rifles. Have a bil and fishing buddy who have 6.5 prc and 300 prcs respectively and shoot the hornady ammo in other guns as they also have busy lives and its the next best thing to hand loading.

The feature set of the werkman for 5k doesn't exactly jump out at me, and the revic scope is a gumwerks only child. Not that it's specifically bad, it's just a tough sell compared to a seeking with a nighforce...

At the end of the day it's a semi production gun setup for shooting factory ammo. All of which is fine just a tough sell at 5K.

I understand, what would the price tag of a Seekins Havak and a comparable scope be? Could you get an engraved turret in the process? I'm not being a smart butt at all I honestly don't know.

Euro optics appears to have a comparable weight and spec rifle for 1850 (700 clone with unremarkable features, tt trigger, carbon stock, oem branded barrel and hinged Floorplate that's similar in contour and clambering) even premium rings and a bomber scope you'll be way clear of 5k.

I'd guess the xtr 3 is close or better that revic, and can be had with custom turrets. That combo would land well under 5k leaving room for a case or two of ammo.

I'm not really a custom turret guy, my Feb hunt in the coastal artic vs early fall coyote hunting at real elevation are easier to compensate with angular measurement vs custom dials. Granted at 500 yards with a prc your not dialing all that much.

Euro optics appears to have a comparable weight and spec rifle for 1850 (700 clone with unremarkable features, tt trigger, carbon stock, oem branded barrel and hinged Floorplate that's similar in contour and clambering) even premium rings and a bomber scope you'll be way clear of 5k.

I'd guess the xtr 3 is close or better that revic, and can be had with custom turrets. That combo would land well under 5k leaving room for a case or two of ammo.

I'm not really a custom turret guy, my Feb hunt in the coastal artic vs early fall coyote hunting at real elevation are easier to compensate with angular measurement vs custom dials. Granted at 500 yards with a prc you're not dialing all that much.
Thank you, I'm going to check that out.

My custom 6.5 Prc off classified here is 6#,defiance anti x proof and a shooter.Was about 1/2 of a werks deal.Most sellers have a target to go with sale. I center punched a rock just playing at 700 this spring, held what my sig spit out