Amazon Borescope....Is this for real?

The android/pc model will not work on apple products. Get iOS ipad/iphone model.($25 more) Well worth it.

Hi.. I have a few questions about the Teslong models

1)-what do they mean my semi rigid cable? do they simply mean a cable? ( imo all cables are semi rigid? or is there another model with a different kind of cable ? )
2)- someone mentioned it would not work with his rifle as it was bigger then .338 ... it that really the case ?
3)-I see the need for this thing for confirming the bore is clean of carbon and copper , but I would like to see some pictures of a shoot out bore .... I mean how can you tell a bore it shoot out if , like myself, one has no experience and no picture reference....
Can only speak about my experience but, to answer your questions:
1) Yes, semi rigid as are any other coated cables.lol
2) This will work down to .22 cal and you adjust the mirror as your "focus" when going from larger to smaller diameters.
3) Luckily, I don't have a shot our bore to show, but it will definitely let you know if you've done a thorough job of cleaning and condition of your throat and everything else. Great tool to have.

thank you. I will get one for sure. I have been trying to get a good and cheap one for years.... I just found out about those now.... thanks

I use it with my laptop. It works very well. If you plan to use it with an Android phone just be aware that it uses the newer connector. Sorry, I can't remember what this connector is named.
Mine came with an adapter so I can use the old style usb or the new one android is using

Hi.. I have a few questions about the Teslong models

-what do they mean my semi rigid cable? do they simply mean a cable? ( imo all cables are semi rigid? or is there another model with a different kind of cable ? )

It is similar to a rubber coated cable but it is fiber optic inside and fairly fragile. Try not to bend it sharply or coil smaller than about 5 inches diameter.

- someone mentioned it would not work with his rifle as it was bigger then .338 ... it that really the case ?

They come in various diameters just be sure to order the smallest one and you'll be fine.

-I see the need for this thing for confirming the bore is clean of carbon and copper , but I would like to see some pictures of a shoot out bore .... I mean how can you tell a bore it shoot out if , like myself, one has no experience and no picture reference....
I would be very interested at seeing some pictures of a burned out chamber, specially at the throat...
anyone with an example ?

Can't help you with this set of questions as I don't have any photos of those types of damage.

thanks

I have this same one and am not happy with it due to the huge lag when run wireless. Wishing I would have just gone with a hardwired version at this point. The image quality is pretty decent...if you pass through the barrel really slowly.
Older thread but I wanted to post an update to my experience with the Teslong wifi unit. In short, updated version has addressed all the previous issues of the original version and is now a fantastic buy.

Longer version for full context. Someone from Teslong reached out to me to let me know there was an updated version and offered to send one free of charge with no obligation. I gratefully accepted and over the past couple days have been putting it through the paces. While they look exactly the same externally, the differences functionality wise are night and day better. There is an updated app that has more features, easier to use, the wifi hasn't dropped once and there is next to zero lag now with the updated chip.

No paid endorsement or anything and I don't want to sound like a shill, but I do want to be fair. I'm vocal if there are problems with a product and I want to be equally vocal now that they have corrected this unit. Just be sure you're getting the updated version that runs off the "MoView" app and not the previous version that used the garbage "WIFI Image" app.

Looking at Amazon, I see what looks like good quality bore images for $50.....Am I being duped?

Borescope on Amazon

or this one:

Borescope option #2

Have you bought an iPhone based Borescope that you were happy with for around $50?
Just read the mixed reviews and make that determination for yourself.
Brands like Teslong and others will work but only after a fashion.
They must be attached to your cell phone in order to function.
Image quality and lighting leave a lot of room for improvement and are not as sharp as the Lyman bore cam ( again what the reviews are stating not my words )
If you plan to use it in other applications and not just a bore scope well it's flexible shaft can really be a big boon !
IMHO if your looking for strictly a mid price bore cam, opt as I have for the Lyman.
It has lots of bells and whistles ,and yields acceptable images that are down loadable to a Micro SD Card for review at a later date and can be run by a USB connecter and a phone battery pack up virtually anywhere.. The shaft however is rigid and serves very well as a dedicated bore scope to which it was designed.
For the money it has a lot of features !
On the negative side however since the light is attached to the end of the shaft and as such must be turned as one with the shaft you must be careful not to twist up your cables while observing your bore.
Yes there are truly wonderful bore scopes by Hawk etc. but you will be paying a premium price for them !
My 2 cents worth
Caveat Emporium

Last edited:
I have the hardwire version of this and it works exceptionally well. Factor in the price and it's amazing. Works fine on my PC (Windows 10) and on my phone Samsung S10 and now S20. I nay by the wireless one too now that it's sorted out for use at the range, etc. and leave the other one at the shop.