Borescope

Edd

I got a new borescope today. This is the first one I've ever owned. When looking at new chambers, the glare is intense. Can someone give me some tips about reducing the glare.

I got a new borescope today. This is the first one I've ever owned. When looking at new chambers, the glare is intense. Can someone give me some tips about reducing the glare.

What kind do you have ? Most have a dimming feature on the light source that allows you to adjust the brightness.

J E CUSTOM

The Hawkeye bore scope uses a Mini mag flash light for a light source and brightness is adjustable. (This is also good to know in case you ever forget to take the batteries out and they screw up the light source it can simply be replaced with the mini mag).

J E CUSTOM

Mine came with a Mini Mag Light. The brightness isn't adjustable on it or any other Mini Mag Light I've owned. The adjustment is a focus adjustment. You can attempt to use the shadow for a dimmer but it doesn't work very well.

On the Hawkeye website they have some different light sources that appear to be more adjustable. Has anyone ever used one of them?

Mine came with a Mini Mag Light. The brightness isn't adjustable on it or any other Mini Mag Light I've owned. The adjustment is a focus adjustment. You can attempt to use the shadow for a dimmer but it doesn't work very well.

On the Hawkeye website they have some different light sources that appear to be more adjustable. Has anyone ever used one of them?

Hey Edd

That's the way I dim or brighten mine by changing the beam focus because it changes the amount of light that hits the lens of the bore scope. The only other thing that I can think of is that you have the new LED mini mag and it is much brighter than the older mini mags with the regular bulbs. You might try one of the regular/older mini mag lights for about $10.00 bucks that has the adjustable beam and the standard bulb.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.