Not another borescope post??

The brighter it works...the cleaner it looks...
Actually seem to catch mirror images from offside of barrel..makes the viewed side look dirty.....

My problem is the reflection is so bright it impedes my ability to see most of the center of the viewing area. It also washes out the rest. Makes it almost impossible to discern anything.

Well JB is cleaning most of the barrel up nicely. Still have some work, but it does look better. The first 14-15 inches or so look flawless, the last 10 look like garbage still. This spot here is the worst area. Pretty sure it's pitting and the lands are physically gone? That's about 3-4 inches from the muzzle.

Question on using JB, does it always come out of the barrel black because of the fine particles of chrome moly in it or is that from carbon build up it's pulling out? Thanks!
BF4BD4B5-CFE0-422B-8C0F-999602F6307E.jpeg

I have a few spots that look like that in my chromemoly...i run my drill in there.....run it hard for a few.....then go after the rifling.......cant hurt what is already needing new....
Or so I thought....
I have a few spots...but it cleaned up really well......
Dark patches coming out is garbage and the JB....well...at least my JB is grey......

I have the version that uses the USB port, so I am stuck using it on a laptop.
I will see if I havr any luck with the app.
I have the same one (usb, maybe they have newer or older models). Anyhow, there are two ways to adjust brightness that i know of. One, mine has a wheel to turn on the wire to adjust.
Two, in the camera app on my laptop there is an adjustment there for brightness as well.

Hope this helps.

The fire cracking I wouldnt worry about. I've got a 6.5 creed that looks way worse in the throat and still shoots .5 moa despite losing velocity like crazy. The pitting in the bore is what would concern me. Jb cleans up my barrels rather nicely. I pair it with kroil

Toecutter,
I may have to send this back. The potentiometer on the wire is very touchy at the lowest setting. I cannot get the brightness low enough to make it useable. I will also have to install the ap on my laptop as I am using the camera feature in Windows

Toecutter,
I may have to send this back. The potentiometer on the wire is very touchy at the lowest setting. I cannot get the brightness low enough to make it useable. I will also have to install the ap on my laptop as I am using the camera feature in Windows
Mine is just the generic "camera" app when you go under the start menu. I bet there are way better options though.

Toecutter,
The Teslong outfit seems to be willing to work with people. Others had trouble with their cables & mirrors. While mine was working great since they sent new mirrors and a letter not to "wrap" the cable in the original case. They offered without me asking to replace anything defective.
Surely won't hurt to contact them, my guess they will get you fixed up.
Good luck

Well put a few rounds through her this morning. Didn't have a very good rest, was just shooting off the hood of my side by side. Shot 2 groups of 3, both around 1.5 MOA at 100 yds. So if I had to guess it probably still shoots like it did when it was newer. Nothing to brag about, but it will still hit a deer and for a 20+ year old factory rifle what more could I ask? I have been eyeballing a new proof stainless barrel in 10 twist to upgrade it to a 25-06AI, but not sure I want to pony up the money on a gun I probably won't hunt with that often.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.