Budget Borescopes from Amazon

robpiat

I bought the first one a couple months ago and they just came out with the wireless model so I had to get it ;)

Compared to the original this one has a jamnut to secure the end, and included two spare mirrors.

Its a cool but humbling device. It'll show you that your cleaning process generally needs some work. The USB model I think can work with android but I just plug it into the PC. The wifi version pairs with my phone. Anyways here's a few barrels:

Last edited:
ropiat I can see you have some copper and carbon that needs attention.I have one like yours and love it.
My rifles shoot good but they are not high dollar rifles so I use bronze brushes to stroke them.I used to use about 20 different products to clean copper and carbon but now have settled on one of the best copper solvents and one of the best carbon solvents and I'm never going back to the older ones that only worked a little bit.4 hours cleaning is no more.I don't sell this product or get a commission or anything.
From now om I use only KG-12 copper solvent and KG-1 carbon solvent.
No harsh smells and took a 4 hour cleaning to just 25 minutes.
That borescope is not a high dollar boroscope but a good one that will serve you well for many years.Listen to others that use them to see exactly what to look at and after cleaning you will look at what you did.
I love mine
Old Rooster

I bought one about a month ago, and it's an eye opener. You can definitely see where you are failing to clean in your barrel. I was shocked to see how badly pitted my Ruger model 77 .270 bore was after being submerged in Katrina water, then stewing in my gun safe for a week. It still shoots close to moa fortunately.

Also, make sure you get the one that states "Gunbarrel Borescope". I bought one that didn't say "gunbarrel borescope", thinking they were all the same, only to find out mine didn't focus close enough. Teslong's Customer Service sent me the correct one in 2 days which is the one mentioned above. Costs something like $49.99 and plugs into your phone or laptop. Unbelievable image quality for something you pay less than $100 for. Get one just for the fun of it !

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.