Aging Vision & open sights

JiggyIi

Hi đź‘‹ I'm 55 and wear glasses. I'm finding it harder & harder to shoot open sights.. The sights get blurry especially the front one. I use buckhorn and peeps.
What do others do to help this problem??
Lol other than optics đź”´ red dots

I've tried the paint. It helps but it's not going to make it not blurry lol. I shoot optics on all my pistols now. That was the biggest problem for me. All my rifles have scopes on them.

I've tried the paint. It helps but it's not going to make it not blurry lol. I shoot optics on all my pistols now. That was the biggest problem for me. All my rifles have scopes on them.
Just curious but did you try two separate fluorescent colors ? I like orange & yellow/green. Orange on the front & yellow or green in the back.

If you search on this site someone mentioned this about shooting a bow. Their 20 yds was on, 30 yds was 2" to the right, 40 yds was on. Come to find out the red fiber optic was off due to eye sight compared green. Well, this year it happened to me. I have a solid 25 yds pin, my second pin is red and it's a floating pin. I have a heck of time focusing the red pin. If you choose a color I'd go green or yellow.

Last edited:
Just curious but did you try two separate fluorescent colors ? I like orange & yellow/green. Orange on the front & yellow or green in the back.
No I did not. The thing with macular degeneration due to age everything close gets blurry. While high vis makes it easier to pick up it's still blurry. I don't think there is anyway to get around that without glasses or an optic.

There was a company that made a black peep that stuck on your glasses. Looking through a small hole helped make both handgun sights in focus. All that changed when I had my cataracts removed! EDOF lens were not an option for me unfortunately.