Advice Please...Is This Load's PSI OK?

Ingwe

gun)Hello Fellas,

I am looking for some advice with a load for my M70 7mm Remington Magnum.

I worked up to a FAST accurate load for my rifle with RL-25 but I am wondering if any of you could tell me what my PSI is since I don't have Quick Load. I am 1gr above the listed Max of 70gr, but after adding the 1gr the rifle settled down and it shoots GREAT groups with NO signs of excessive pressure at all.

Here's what I have:

M70 7mm Remington Magnum
26" Benchmark 5R Barrel
168gr Nosler Accubond LR 50/1000 off lands
Reloader-25 71grains
3,088 FPS Average of 5 rounds

I would REALLY APPRECIATE hearing your thoughts on what my PSI is as well as what you would do or not do if it were your dilemma.

I hope that I am OK PSI-Wise with this load...a 168gr 7mm bullet with a BC of .652 flying at 3,088FPS definitely puts a smile on my face!

Whatdaya Think?

I get ~64Kpsi (SAAMI max 61Kpsi).
I don't understand the 'dilemma' if this is not a problem for you.

Attachments

• 7mmRMload.jpg
    7mmRMload.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 93
Mike thank you for that!

I should have worded my post differently and asked if that extra 1gr over Max would be OK.

Guess I should back off that 1gr since I am 2,000 over Max.

Last edited:
'Problem' pressure is just that. Either you have a problem with it, or you don't.
Barrels/chambers/action attributes vary considerably.

Over time, you may find there are affects to your brass which you might consider a problem. With this, you adjust.

No obvious signs of pressure; if primer pockets hold up and brass holds up well to repeated loadings; whats to worry. I wouldn't worry about running 64 K in a 7 RM. yeah maybe your a little fast with velocity. Maybe the LRAB has reduced bearing surface and it will shoot a little faster. only you know for sure how comfy you are with the load. If all was well; I would go with it.

You also have to consider time of year as temperature can change things.
I have a 223 load that is fine in the winter months when developed but in the heat of summer it pops primers . Not a real serious danger but it is not good for the gun . To run it reliably in all temps I backed the load down a tad.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.