Adding zero stop NF

I tried doing something similar with leupold and I suspect since you are binding up on the stem that contacts the erector that everytime I brought the turret down to zero it might have been pulling up on that stem and making the scope not zero. has anyone seen this happen with NF turrets?? The way the regular NF turret works is the clutch stops rotation rather than jambing it to a stop. vortex and huskemaw have zero stops that operate on the jamb to a stop method.

Joel, I know adding the screw doesn't in any way damage or alter the scope but might NF say it voids the warranty, like one of those "you worked on it first" things ?
I haven't read or even seen their terms.

If you ever have to send the scope back for warranty repair, replace your cap with a different one.:cool:

I thought about using washers/O rings as a type of zero stop until a friend and very experienced member here enlightened me that was not a good for the scope and not a good idea.

IMHO, if you want a zero stop, send it back and have it done by NF or sell it and get one with ZS.

The set screw idea that Joe uses has been around like he said before they thought of it.It works on Leo mark 4 and SS scopes also maybe others,you have to be a APE to mess it up just common sense,not like twisting the top off a cold one:D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.