I need help with a NF zero stop

Willoughby

I recently purchased a used NXS with zero stop in the classifieds,and there seems to be a part missing under the elevation turret, there are no lines to tell how many revolutions you've turned it , seems to be a piece missing ,
All the videos and pictures I can find of ZS Nxs scopes have those lines under the elevation turret, any help appreciated

IMG_6257.JPG
I recently purchased a used NXS with zero stop in the classifieds,and there seems to be a part missing under the elevation turret, there are no lines to tell how many revolutions you've turned it , seems to be a piece missing ,
All the videos and pictures I can find of ZS Nxs scopes have those lines under the elevation turret, any help appreciated
Just took the elevation turret off mine, should look like this. If you are telling me that the portion of the turret that has the index lines (rev indicator) are missing then that would lead me to believe that it has been disassembled and probably needs to be sent in to get replaced and checked out by Nightforce.
Just my opinion, maybe call them first.

I have one that I purchased used that doesn't have the index lines either. It's a 5.5-22x50 with the NP-R1 reticle with zero stop no HS turret. I thought it was odd that there were no lines, but just chalked it up to being an older scope.

That ones' a fake!!!

Just kidding!
I interested in what they have to say. Maybe they just redesigned it and figured you don't need them with the zero stop, which would be a bunch of hooey to me.

I sent detailed pics to NF in a email stating the issue
I got an answer today per Robert at NF the scope was made in 2009 and he said
I ask out techs they said there as a short period of time then that We didn't put elevation buckets on them, as they were not available ,but if you send it in we can replace the turrets and add a elevation bucket for 400.00
Not sure I'm buying that answer because the same scope has a windage bucket , I have a older moa mil scope that has both elevation and windage buckets , and every pic I can find on the web shows both buckets, I feel like it was one of those make him go away answers , and I don't view NF warranty as I did before. It used to be great no questions ask to any owner, but now we'll, it is what it is

The term bucket is new to me...what is it?
I wouldn't take his answer as blowing smoke, looking at the pictures they have just change the design over the years. To get the new one is $400, which is what it cost to put the new HS turret/zero stop on the older models.

Maybe he is 100% correct , I don't know , but It doesn't seem like they would put what he called a elevation bucket , a few of lines under the turret to keep track of revolutions , on the windage turrets but not the elevation where it it more needed imho

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.