NF Atacr 5-25 zero stop help

nt7332

Gen 2 atacr 5-25 sfp. Zeroed rifle and went to set zero stop. Removed cap and loosened 4 small screws and I only get about a 1/4-1/2 turn on the upper clutch in either direction Need a good bit more movement to actually get the zero stop tab to engage. Any ideas? Have had bunch of NF scopes and never seen this before.

I noticed this on a new ATACR 5-25, just had to use a bit more turning force than I was comfortable with, but then it easily turned into place. Have never had a problem with it since.

Well I have tried about everything and I can't get it to move no farther than about 1/2 a turn. Think there is an issue.

Looks like clutch assembly has been backed out to much. Scope has 34 mils of travel right now so perhaps someone backed it out to far on stem. Will just have to send it back.

Call them before you send it back. Had same over adjustment once. There is a procedure to reset it where you turn it several revolutions, but I don't remember the exact procedure they had me accomplish. I think the procedure depends on how the scope is designed and all are not the same.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.