accubond not exiting

Erik did the bullets blow up or did you recover them? If so what was the retained weight and how large was the expansion.? If the bullet is intact and expanded it did its job IMHO. If it shed all its weight and disintegrated I would be concerned.

i didn't recover them. my guess is they stayed together and just flattened out like was said. i have a box of the scirocco's sitting on a shelf and i will definitely try the e-tips. would like to stay with a higher b.c. because of the longer ranges commonly found in kansas where we hunt. thanks for all the input. just want everyone to know that in no way was i bashing nosler. the bullets did their job and killed the deer very dead. just thought it peculiar that they didn't exit.

4 recent kills with 140gr AB out of my 270WSM (3220FPS at muzzle)
WT buck, 120yards, broadside pass through
140 hog, 225yards, broadside quartering toward me, pass through shoulder to back of ribs
75 yard doe, through both shoulders (moving shot) pass through
187 yard doe, hit just a bit high, backbone, bang flop. Pass through.

No issues at these ranges, great bullet, never recovered one. I have also used the TSX which fouls my barrel to much.

Not long range shots to this forum but hey the Accubomb works for me. Never had to track anything while using it. All DRT or within 20yards because of heart shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts