Accubond Fail?

I have a love/hate relationship with Nosler. They definitely know there is a problem. On the other hand, AB's, BT's, and partitions have never failed me in 35+ years in the field. I have also used Berger, Sierra, Speer, Hammer, and Barnes with success. My disdain came when these last few years waiting for bullets and they were making broadheads.

I was doing a little inventory and discovered this mess. Out of 50, 35 had the tips broken or more like crumbled off the bullet nose. I've had this box for probably 10 years on my shelf in my reloading room which is a spare bedroom. Temps always stay between 65-75. The smell from these resemble rotten fish at low tide.
I had a new box with 12-15 with the tips out- talked to Nosler several times including at SHOT Show and finally they sent me new ones.

I have a love/hate relationship with Nosler. They definitely know there is a problem. On the other hand, AB's, BT's, and partitions have never failed me in 35+ years in the field. I have also used Berger, Sierra, Speer, Hammer, and Barnes with success. My disdain came when these last few years waiting for bullets and they were making broadheads.
Funny thing with thousands of Ballistic Tip bullets I have shot and have in invetory I don't remember one bullet that the tip was ever missing.

OP!

Get them out of your house, now!

If they smell like dead fish at low tide you are in extreme danger of attracting Polar Bears to your home.

They have great senses of smell over incredible distances!

Climate change!☠️ Dead fish!☠️ Hungry bears!🐻‍❄️

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/1EghTrigJJhq8" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Heck, recently a guy in AZ got killed and eaten by by a black bear while drinking coffee outside his home…

😉

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/jqfel7Z3XwTHCl26nT" width="480" height="275" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

I guess I'd better ask which brand of coffee and was it light or dark roast? 😁

I've had amazing luck with ABs in the field, but I did notice the tips are more fragile than other tipped bullets. I switched a 300WM barrel and had ~100 200gr AB loads to pull....as careful as I could be with the kinetic puller I lost most of the tips. Far more than I encountered with any other tipped bullet.