Fail Safe Bullets???

I was not aware Winchester made bullets. I was told the Failsafe was a bullet made by Barnes.
Original fail safes were a 3 part bullet made by nosler for winchester. Had proprietary Teflon costing that was all the rage at the time, a heavy jacket and a steel base cup to control the lead core. Seemed to work well, but at the time were near double the priced of other premium options. Currently fail safe appears to be an iteration of a trophy bonded tipped.

Original fail safes were a 3 part bullet made by nosler for winchester. Had proprietary Teflon costing that was all the rage at the time, a heavy jacket and a steel base cup to control the lead core. Seemed to work well, but at the time were near double the priced of other premium options. Currently fail safe appears to be an iteration of a trophy bonded tipped.
No trophy bonded tip are iteration of Jack Carters Bear Claw bullets . Yes they were a unique bullet and new designed bullet that has never been duplicated Fail Safe Winchester and then later Nosler/Winchester Fail Safe and Partition Gold.
The handgun ammo with Winchester Black Talon bullet an excellent bullet designed and very lethal it too was pressured by lobbyists to be discontinued because of the name and so many blacks were dying of it. But an excellent bullet. The bullet expanded like a Talon creating a massive wound and tissue damage.

Last edited:
The Orginal Winchester 160gr FS in 25 Each boxes.
IMG_0111.jpeg

It might be hard to find Winchester bullets from the factory I have not seen them on shelf for years.