RCBS powder scale **FAIL**

You could always buy a power inverter....

Also over at 6mmbr.com they did a review of the better known auto throwers and the RCBS won out in just about every category.

all are pretty much similar in accuracey, and most people simply measure them by speed. I don't. I change powders a lot, and one is a light year better there alone. The RCBS will measure within a tenth and a half of a grain. The Pact will as well. Have not used the Hornaday, but hear it will. The Lymans I've been around never ran long enough to find out. All are made in China but one (probably by the same people). I chose the one that wasn't. I pay very little attention to adverstising driven venues, but do listen to users I know and trust. The one major complaint about the pact was that it was a little low, but they also tested the first generation. The newer ones are much faster, but the RCBS is still faster. I can't keep up with the Pact when I did try it out to make sure it worked OK, so that speed issue means nothing to me. But I will often change powder four or fives times in a loading session, and that means a lot.
One thing the RCBS has that I wish the Pact did have was a memory to recall loads you've shot. But a pencil and a log book works pretty good for me. I only wish it converted clicks into whatever they use.

Buy what you want, but I'm comfortable with what I have.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.