Absolute hammer bullets and sever overbore chambers

GLTaylor

LRH Team Member
To answer the earlier question, Steve doesn’t know the reason. Even with the reduced friction, we may just only be able to run a bullet so fast within normal barrel lengths?

HNDLDR

So wonder if we add moly? Anybody try it?
I’ve been daydreaming about coating some 25 cal Absolutes with HBN and running them through my 25-06 and 25 WSM. Since I’m dreaming I would get some in 7mm and coat them for my 7mm-08. I’m a little short on cash right now so until I can afford the bullets it’s just a dream.

HARPERC

To answer the earlier question, Steve doesn’t know the reason. Even with the reduced friction, we may just only be able to run a bullet so fast within normal barrel lengths?
It's going to be tough to find a powder in these extremes to support the light weights.

Its only been a few years since they built a 6.5 Ultracat, at that time they never really a powder that didn't have pressure spikes etc. We've had better luck this time around so far.

ButterBean is kind of the gingerbread man in this race for sure.

ButterBean

LRH Team Member
Dang it BBean, now you've outrun the Labradar! You're gonna cause another technology upgrade🤪
Have at it buddy!
Another first world country problem!
G
We passed the 4000fps [email protected] 98g of 4350 with no pressure and we ended [email protected] 100g even, based on what we saw it should be in the low 4200's