A tale of two rifles

BoxMag1

First time posting, long time lurking. Glad to have a forum like this where like minded persons can learn and share!

A few years ago I trued and chambered a short action remington with a #9 krieger 1:11 in 308 winchester bedded in a McMillan stock. It's been a lot of fun out to 800 yards.

Sooooo, time to start stretching out to 1000 and beyond. I've got two magnum actions and two Krieger #17 barrels at 30 inches to build two 300 Win Mags. The first is a 1:10 twist which I think I would like to set up for the 190 grain SMK Federal Match load. Interesting enough, by shopping around I can get these for almost the same price as the 308 match. The second barrel is a 1:9 twist, with the intent of shooting the heavy Bergers. When I called up Berger, they have their new ammo with these pills loaded to SAMMI spec which makes sense for a commercial round.

Finally, here is my question. Have any of you purchased a reamer set up for the Bergers in 300 Win Mag. What did you go with and why. As you may have gathered, I've been kinda lazy about reloading for anything, but would be willing to do it if it makes sense while running the heavier Bergers in rifle #2.

Thanks.

BoxMag1

I've used the RM300wm reamer from JGS, specs by "bigandgreen", a member here. It worked great for 215 Berger Hybrids.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.