A few picts from MOAG shoot in Idaho

4ked Horn

These pictures are way late but better late than never right?

Picture #1 is our friend Gonehuntingagain otherwise known as Big Al.
I wish I could hold a 56 pound gun like it was a Daisy Red Rider.

scan0001.jpg

Picture #2 "Boat anchor" If memory serves me.

scan0002.jpg

Picture #3 Is GG behind his purple .250 6mm ackley improved magnum short mag machIV 40 deg wildcat shooter pipe bench thingy gun.
(I forgot what it was but I'm sure I'm close.)

scan0003.jpg

Piucture #4 .22 Hornet, My sub MOA .223 load for my Mini14, The MOAGs .338 Lapua mag improved, A .50 BMG

scan0004.jpg

Well that explains it. ANYONE can hold a 52 pound gun like that.

I'll email you the picture.

[ QUOTE ]
Well that explains it. ANYONE can hold a 52 pound gun like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The combined weight of the 3 guns in your pics is 88.5 pounds!

The total weight of all the guns we took hunting that day in my truck was 171.5!!

I thinks me needs a 3/4 ton truck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Hey GG. What were the calibers of the boat anchor and the purple gun? I have forgotten.

BTW the Moag weighs 5x what my Rem VLS weighs with all the normal add on gear. It weighs 10x that of my Ruger ultralite .243 but the bullet is only approx 2x and 3x as heavy as what I normally shoot in those guns.

Yeah, if you had a deer running away from you at 100 yards you would just have to wave good bye to him! If you had a deer at 800 yards, it would be hard to bring the scope down that far to shoot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I never did ask you what your minimum range was for shooting the crosshairs with the MOAG? Is it actually around 800 yards?

Well, we don't really like to shoot the moag at anything under a mile but when I was doing load development, we were able to get it down to 300 yards by bottoming out the scope. The highest point in the traj for a 2k shot is somewhere around 150 feet high at around 800 yards if memory serves me right.

We have 40 minutes into the base and rings which gives us a 1500 yard zero. Then we have about 43 minutes left in the scope so that can get us out to about 2200 yards give or take a few based on the atmospherics.

That is so wild. If you were aiming at a 2000 yard target looking through the windows of a 10 story building, and the building was at 800 yards, you could hit the target and miss the building.

Wicked.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.