The MOAG strikes again(1,066 yards)

Buffalobob, thank you for the warning. I'll be taking a yearling and luckily there will be ranch equipment to deal with the buffalo. Part of the deal is they help to gut and quarter it. So I figure to let it hang over night and leave for town the next day. The average over night low at this time of year is -20 celsius, so cooling shouldn't be a problem. Since I haven't done load developement for my 338/378 yet I'll use my 338 Win Mag with 275 Speer semi spitzers which I figure will be about right for an animal with a live weight < 1,000 lbs. I've read the stuff Chuch Hawks has about buffalo about how they can be dangerous. They run you over or run past you and hook you with their horn flinging you or they stop and pound you with their hooves. They don't allow hunting during calving time. I'm told on the ranch one follows the ranchers instructions very closely. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

About $5000 to start and all your free time for the next two years. But then the newness will wear off and you will have hit fur at 2000 yards so you will only use it to murder innocent wittle buffawoes and to impress the chicks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Congrats! Based on the MOAG's 2000 yd performance 1066 must of been easy!

Great pics. I remember fishing the Madison and firehole my last visit to Montana some 204 moons ago. This south FL resident would need a couple of Bison coats to survive the winters. Love the country though!
Good hunting!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts