A few photos from my Scotland trip

I'm only doing the rifle smithing as a side line in my days off,its the trade i learned though, i'm sticking to a proper job (my 2nd carrer)for my daily bread, so you guys with Sky TV will have seen us buggers at work with the Huygens lander on Titan last week.
I didn't used to mind carrying all that weight when i was a squaddie, i had my armourers tool bag full of gadgets to cart around on top off all the other stuff. These days with buggered knees i'm partial to a light rifle.
Brown Dog services discount? hows about officers increase !! ha,, you ever hear of an abwicklungschein? got any kontacts here in krautland? i bet Toby still has, tell him hi, and don't worry i'll see you right.
Pete

Hi Pete,
been busy with the ladyboss, the house and the job.
But als done some comeptetition shooting, mostly Benchrest and Fklass up till 300m's and one at 600m.
The ParkerHale i got is a 1200TX with a timney trigger. It shoots really nice, maybe even a bit better than the TRG, only drawback is that it does not have a safety and the stock is out of wood.
October huh?
I would almost give my right limb to join you guys...but i gotta know how much the cost is gonne be, so i can start saving... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifIf its payable, than i'm game...got enough free days, only issue is gonna be money. As always...
Heard from Val about your new buiseness, if your setup, i know quite a few woodenshoe boys who will be coming your way...!
We gotta get in touch soon!

@brown; at 100 pounds a day...and how much for the kills? I mean, how much did you have to pay for the trophy's?
Hunting in Scotland has gotta be the best i will ever see...those beautifull big green hills, the forest, the country...once you been there, you're hooked. You also do some Sniper competition with that accuracy? Last year i ended 6th in a French Sniper comp, only the french army guys had beaten us because they knew the range better. Beautifull 3200m range overthere, Mailly le Camp.

Marco.

Marco, has that 1200TX got a springfield 03 bolt? it has an extra locking lug at further back on the bolt and the rear bridge is higher than the front. If so its the same action as my 9.3x62. Do you want to up grade it, i can get you a stock and a picatinny rail for it. and i can supply you with a safety for it.
Hunt is 500 pounds inc all deer. bed breakfast etc will cost 210 pounds. it will be great week in the Borders.
gimme a ring or an email buddy. Val is comngover here tommorow. how you fixed for the IWA. say hi to ladyboss.
Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts