A Career Opportunity in the Firearms Industry with AllTerra Arms

I liked tying flies......................................

until I tried to get paid doing it.

Lots of things are fun until you are obligated to them 40hrs or more a week. Its the reason I refuse to become a fishing guide.
Completely agreed! This job would be a nightmare. I have loaded for many friends and family in the past. The ones that actually helped it was rewarding but loading and setting up rifles for people not around to appreciate it is terrible. It gets to the point the Last thing you want to do is more reloading or rifle work so that takes away from your own shooting. I may be getting to be a puss! My back and hands and eyes tend to get real sore now days with a whole day of reloading. Same thing when I make holsters and knife sheathes from leather. Was great when I gave as gifts but as soon as people wanted special things made and offered to pay for me to build things it started to suck. Hope the OP can find some one good for the job!

Jeeze.... Apparently no one realizes that $20/hr is pretty decent for Idaho. Plus it's actually a free state. Boise is kind of a hole though....

if I could talk the wife into cutting her salary in half I'd move over and do this while o wasn't firefighting.

FYI this post is a little dated, and they haven't been on the site in a while.
With that said; now that I'm retired from the military, this would be a great gig (especially if it were part time😂)! This and teach a long range class once a month, it would pay for all (most) my hunting, fishing, and shooting needs.

FYI this post is a little dated, and they haven't been on the site in a while.
With that said; now that I'm retired from the military, this would be a great gig (especially if it were part time😂)! This and teach a long range class once a month, it would pay for all (most) my hunting, fishing, and shooting needs.
Yup I agree and I'm in the area. But that gig is most likely long gone.

To the guys saying they aren't paying enough, you all do realize that per the ad they are offering to pay people to shoot high end guns, load ammo and record the results right? Not building guns or other qualified machine work, simply loading, shooting and recording.

This site literally revolves around people spending lots of their own money to do that very thing in their spare time for free and ya'll are complaining they don't pay enough? What other job do you get to do that sort of thing and get paid for it?

If I was just out of high school or retired that would be an awesome job to undertake and I imagine you would have the opportunity to branch into gunsmithing and machining down the line.

How can you even compare getting to shoot guns and load ammo all day to working in a fast food place?
While I am a fan of higher wages generally, this is a very niche job that getting paid for is icing on the cake. Heck most of us are shelling out thousands a year to do this. Agree even in Idaho you aren't supporting a family on this wage but for a young single person or retiree it would be a dream job. Heck I'm an IT manager making well into the 6 figures and when I retire I'd do this for $15 an hour. Some nice pocket money to do what I plan to spend money doing anyway.

If I do the math with my E7 pay I make in that range per hour...but it is salary and not uncommon to put in 80+ hours a week.😂 Today I was in @ 0630 and will be here till after midnight. Just gotta make it about 18 more months, that's getting harder and harder to do! After about 6 months of hunting and fishing I am gonna need to find employment, if nothing else because my wife wouldn't let me retire in my 40's. I don't get it, I'd cook and clean & have sex with her whenever she wants. I'll be her b!!!!, why not I've been the Army's for most my adult life.😂
If this was in my area I would give it a shot… pun intended. I do have my eye on Idaho however.
You are making well over that if you are an E-7 with 18 years. Plus BAH, etc. And think of the cool points you get wearing a unit patch on your right shoulder.

Completely agreed! This job would be a nightmare. I have loaded for many friends and family in the past. The ones that actually helped it was rewarding but loading and setting up rifles for people not around to appreciate it is terrible. It gets to the point the Last thing you want to do is more reloading or rifle work so that takes away from your own shooting. I may be getting to be a puss! My back and hands and eyes tend to get real sore now days with a whole day of reloading. Same thing when I make holsters and knife sheathes from leather. Was great when I gave as gifts but as soon as people wanted special things made and offered to pay for me to build things it started to suck. Hope the OP can find some one good for the job!
I used to be a training manager for a brothel - it's a lot of work.

While this opportunity may be in a different industry, it's worth mentioning that for those exploring medical careers, particularly as a Dialysis Technician, there's a similar need for precision and attention to detail. So, expect to work in hospitals or dialysis clinics, ensuring patients receive the highest level of care and support.
This thread is almost 3 years old and you Can't really compare the 2 jobs as they are nowhere near each other -- the job you listed pays $27/hr and would come with excellent benefits.

This thread is almost 3 years old and you Can't really compare the 2 jobs as they are nowhere near each other -- the job you listed pays $27/hr and would come with excellent benefits.

It's a bot spamming advertising that picked up on "Career Opportunity", the link in the post gives it away as nobody else would do that.

While this opportunity may be in a different industry, it's worth mentioning that for those exploring medical careers, particularly as a Dialysis Technician, there's a similar need for precision and attention to detail. So, expect to work in hospitals or dialysis clinics, ensuring patients receive the highest level of care and support.
Entirely different though because lots of us on here pay good money to shoot and record the results. So a job that pays you to do that is attractive to some of people here even if the pay is not great. I'm betting nobody here does dialysis work as a hobby.

Entirely different though because lots of us on here pay good money to shoot and record the results. So a job that pays you to do that is attractive to some of people here even if the pay is not great. I'm betting nobody here does dialysis work as a hobby.
Aw come on, I thought we all did that to earn a few extra bucks on weekends 😅
I gave up phlebotomy to be a nephrologist on weekends and holidays--- but ive never stayed at a holiday in