Christensen arms vs fierce firearms

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with all the Christensen arms guys on here. They are okay but not in the same class as the fierce rifles. Both manufacturers guarantee 1/2 moa but to get the same quality in the Christensen as you do in the Fierce you need to buy one of their top tier rifles in the $2500 and up range. Christensen uses a proprietary action based on the Remington 700 where as Fierce rifles are built on the Sako 85 action. The Sako is a 3 lug 70` degree bolt. Solid as a rock and true. If I were going to drop the coin on a high end Christensen I would consider having a complete custom gun built on a Curtis or defiance action with a Brux, Bartlein, or Krieger barrel and a Timney trigger. That barreled action with the trigger would run you around 2500.00 and you could drop it in the chassis or stock of your choice and not Christensen's Mcmillian want to be. Fierce rifles are built with proven parts like The Sako 85 action, Manners stocks and name brand barrels. They are basically a full on custom Sako. They have a 1/2 moa guarantee and are just a cut above most of Christensen's offerings. Either rifle will shoot that is for sure but the Fierce is of higher quality IMHO. My understanding from some of the guys that bought them is they have had some clambering issues with the lower end Christensens. One guy at one of the ranges that I shoot had to send his back twice before selling it and having a custom defiance built. That being said I have two other friends that swear by them. One friend owns several of the carbon fiber models in a 1/2 dozen calibers. I just simple prefer the Sako action to the aftermarket remington.
All that being said I don't own either but I have shot both and both shot well. I have several Sakos and a couple of full on customs, one of which is on a Remington action.
Have you considered looking at a Sako 85 finnlight, carbonlight, or carbon wolf. If I were serious about the Fierce I would look at those as well considering they are very similar and would possibly retain their value better. Once you get into the $3000 and up range I would also seriously consider a full custom rifle.

Last edited:
Who's the new guy that just wants to run down other peoples guns and opinions. Maybe you have missed that we support one another on this site. You should just take your Sako's and find another place. To tell use this sucks or that's sucks, or we should buy a custom when by the way you talk you own nothing more than a Sako off the self. Let me guess you shoot a 1000 yards with your Sako.
Umm! Not a new guy. Been around now for several months. Been around competitive shooting for about 30 years and hunting for more than forty. Owned and operated a shop for a little over 7 years. Did not run anyone's gun down and if you read the whole post you would see that. Also followed it up with a second post for clarity. Finally just congratulated the OP on his purchase.

Yep I do like Sako but I own Remington's too! And it's more like 2000 yards but who's counting. Get your panties out of a wad. It is just an opinion.😂😂😂

And actually my personal favorite rifle to shoot is a full custom 338 RUM on a Remington 700 action.

Here's a pic and a couple of targets from some hand loads we've been working up. To left corner is a .029 inch five shoot group bottom right is a 600 yard 1.8 inch six shoot group. Have a blessed day brother it will get better.

Attachments

• 42DCA01F-24A0-476C-B8F6-41C94A3A8570.jpeg
    42DCA01F-24A0-476C-B8F6-41C94A3A8570.jpeg
    506.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 41FB5BA2-8B3E-4348-8B83-0D5C1BD293A2.jpeg
    41FB5BA2-8B3E-4348-8B83-0D5C1BD293A2.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Douche Bag! 2000 yards? I continue to own and operate a shop. 7 years must not have worked out for you. If you push Sako on your customers you will be, as you know out of business. You are saying Fierce is not worth the price because they make their own stocks? Sako factory stocks are better? Did Sako start using carbon barrels? Let me guess carbon barrels are inferior to Sako barrels as well. I sell all of the above that you mentioned. Sako is last place in sales in my shop. Fierce is number one. Maybe you could get a job in Finland at Sako. You wouldn't be missed here.
Brother I really don't care that much which you choose to shoot and I originally fully supported Fierce and still do. I like them and have shot some of their original offerings Great rifles!
I see the issue here. You are a dealer and want to push your product. I get that. I am not pushing anything. I shoot what I like. What I spend my money on. And just try to help people make informed choices the way I wish someone would have when I was getting started. When I was a pro-staffer for various companies I shot what they gave me some I liked some not so much but I didn't complain because it was free. Now I buy my own and have a pretty good idea of the business and try to help the new guys make informed choices without all the hype. Have a blessed day! Again, It is just an opinion and in my opinion if I were going to spend north of $3000 I would build a full custom rifle and not buy any factory or semi custom offerings. As many on this sight so often suggest and others on this post suggested.

Point in case. I recently had the chance to purchase one of the new TRG chassis rifles for $5700. To me Sako priced themselves out of the market. Building a new gun instead.

It's all good brother. Keep shooting and be happy. Life is to short to be anything but happy. PS I sell many different brands. I shoot A custom 7mm WSM made by MTM Precision Rifles. All of my grandkids shoot Fierce CT edges. Great accuracy and great confidence builder for the new shooters out there.

Last edited:
I'm going to lighten the mood...I don't own either CA or Fierce, but I'm sure there are pros and cons with each.
The reason I refuse to buy a CA is the huge block lettered "Christiansen" on the bottom metal plate....it reminds me of going off to college as a nervous, self-conscious teenager. It was move in day freshman yr and as I began to unpack my belongings I was horrified to find that my Mother had made a stencil and spray painted onto everything but my underwear, in those same big blocky letters, my name, home address, ph #, and, you guessed it, her info as Mom.
Often it's the minor things that drive purchase decisions. And it never fails, people will take advice from people that know less than they do, but fail to hear the words of real experts.
So for me I'm not buying a CA until they change the bottom plate......certainly an engraved company logo would look better than the "Mom with the spray paint and stencil"....lol.

Pretty firey for a 4 year old thread. I still have the fierce from my 2016 post, and I have had a couple christensens since then.
Not sure where the post about fierce using a sako action, since the edge came out it has been a clone action made in Canada. It is a much tigher fitting and better made action than the christensen. That said all of mine have shot well, accuracy is about equal. If you want to swap parts the christensen is a rem 700 clone, lots of options for triggers if you want a swap.

Pretty firey for a 4 year old thread. I still have the fierce from my 2016 post, and I have had a couple christensens since then.
Not sure where the post about fierce using a sako action, since the edge came out it has been a clone action made in Canada. It is a much tigher fitting and better made action than the christensen. That said all of mine have shot well, accuracy is about equal. If you want to swap parts the christensen is a rem 700 clone, lots of options for triggers if you want a swap.
HaHa just saw that it was an old post! I don't know who restarted it? It showed up on my daily post thread. Lol I was the one who posted about the Sako action. The first one I ever saw or shot was several years ago at a shot show. I was under the impression they were using Sako actions or at least a Sako patent. Still a nice rifle! My apologies for stirring the pot so to speak.😁

For a long range rig, wouldn't a 1.5MOA gun be less reliable at distance? I'm confused by your statement.
1.5 would not be a 1000 yard gun in my book. Most gun guys have told me anything .50 and under will be good.

For a long range rig, wouldn't a 1.5MOA gun be less reliable at distance? I'm confused by your statement.
Not for anything other than targets and maybe varmints and predators.

1.5 MOA is better than 15" is diameter 1,000yds even if you get everything else perfect which is a virtual impossibility.

That quickly becomes 20" or more with just one variable being off or a slight sudden change in wind.

That can lead to a whole lot of suffering and/or slow death for a deer or elk sized animal.

Last edited:
Not to get off topic, but lets say you have 1/2 MOA guaranty, and you cannot get 1/2 groups. You send it back, and they send it back to you with a target showing a 1/2 group. Once again you cant get 1/2...Not all shooters can shoot 1/2, with any rifle.

How does this get resolved? I think the accuracy guarantees are partially hot air.
By admitting the rifle is performing as promised and guaranteed and recognizing you need to improve your shooting skills.

No Rifle no matter how well made can make us into MOA, 1/2 MOA, or even better shooters if we lack thills, knowledge, and technique to produce those groups.

The company/maker is not responsible for our lack of ability, only for the product they produce measuring up to the guarantee.

Not for anything other than targets and maybe varmints and predators.

1.5 MOA is better than 15" is diameter 1,000yds even if you get everything else perfect which is a virtual impossibility.

That quickly becomes 20" or more with just one variable being off or a slight sudden change in wind.

That can lead to a whole lot of suffering and/or slow death for a deer or elk sized animal.

Recent Posts