Christensen arms vs fierce firearms

STAY MILES AWAY FROM FIERCE FIREARMS. I will NEVER purchase anything from these clowns ever again.

Below is a chronology of my absolutely atrocious experience with Fierce:

• After extensive research, I went and bought their Carbon Rival in 6.5PRC. On my first day brining it to the range it doesn't eject brass from the barrel from the very first shot I took with it. The rounds are so jammed in there that I break a cleaning rod getting the brass out.
  • I notify Fierce and they own up to it and make it right by having my send it back to be fixed. I told them that I also never received a certified target which they brag about all over their website and they said that for my specific gun they don't do that. I pointed out the exact spot on their website where it says they DO do that and they said "oh yea hundreds of people have been pointing that out to us, but we don't do it we need to change the website." (note it has since been changed.)
  • I get the "fixed" gun back from them and I run snap caps through it to make sure it ejects them and it does. A few months go by and I get back out on the range for a long range shooting clinic for the very first time with this gun to get zero'd and get practice in ahead of deer season. After my 4th shot the same issue is back. Every single round gets absolutely buried in the barrel and has to be pushed out from the muzzle with a rod.
  • I am mindblown at this point, and I call Fierce back and I tell them that I want a brand new Carbon Rival, I don't want another fix on my gun I just want a new one and this time they NEED to give me the certified target so that I know it is truly in working order. I also asked them to throw in a bipod given what an ordeal this has become. To their credit they say that they want to make it right and they agree. They say they have a 6.5PRC Titanium Rival in stock that they will ship to me with a bipod upon getting my gun back.
  • I ship the gun back to them that same day and it arrives 2 days later. I call them to get the process moving and they explain that the gun that they had in stock for me has sold (how did they let that happen? Inattention to detail is how, and that is a theme here) and to build a new one will take around 3 or 4 weeks. I was stunned, but I was cooperative and we agreed on me getting a "Reaper" which is their new crossover style rifle which they say can be assembled & shipped to me in 1 week rather than 1 month.
  • They get my new Reaper shipped and in the interim I clarify with them a) make sure the bipod is there and b) make sure the certified target is there. They assure me everything is there and all is in great working order.
  • The day that my new Reaper is set to arrive at my FFL, Fierce calls me and I am assuming it is to tell me the gun is being delivered today, but in fact they call me and say "hey man, so we actually aren't sure if we sent you a 300 PRC or a 6.5 PRC. Can you let us know when it arrives which one it is? If it is a 300PRC you can send it back and we'll send you a 6.5PRC, I think we have the components to make that fix." I am beyond stunned at this point but I go down to my FFL and luckily it is a 6.5PRC so all seems to be OK.
  • However, when I open the case, the pistol grip / handguard is badly damaged and broken. On top of that, the Bipod is NOT there and NEITHER is the certified target.
  • I am furious at this point so I get back in touch with Fierce and they say don't worry we'll make it right we'll send you a new grip and the bipod was shipped separately but it is arriving today don't worry. They then call me back 30min later and they tell me the bipod wasn't shipped because it was out of stock but NOW they found one and it is being shipped. They also mention that if they forgot to put the target in the box, then it is probably lying around their shop but they will look around for it and not to worry because the gun DEFINITELY works.
That is where I currently am in the saga. I am in Cali so I am in my 10-day waiting window and I'm also waiting for the new handguard to arrive. I am literally afraid to take this gun to the range to see if it can eject brass and function properly. These guys have their heads so far up their *** they don't seem to know what on earth is going on at their shop. They're plenty cooperative in terms of being willing to apologize, but when you spend $6k+ on a gun you expect a bit more than a bunch of apologies. Rant over haha but I did want to put it here because I wish I had known before I went through all of this.

Keep your money !!!! You worked hard for it ....unless you competition shooting it matters NOT if you gun shoots 1/2 inch or inch 1/2 in the hunting world...pick up one of the el-cheappo deluxes and shoot the crap out of it and enjoy it...but both you mentioned are awesome machines, too nice to drag around in the rain,snow and blood/mud !!
Frank speaks sense.... I agree wholeheartedly.....
there are alot of great rifles for less than 700$ out there..
that will do what 99% of hunters need...
Dont get me wrong..... I own a few custom 4500$ guns.With 2500$ scopes.....I take them out of the hardcase,put them in my Seb Neo Rest... and carefully use them....
My hunting guns gotta go where I go and some times thats thick,steep,rocky country...as Frank said...they get rain,snow,scratches and blood... while packing out meat...
I,ve saw 5000$ guns get kicked by mules,busted,stepped on by horses,driven over by vechicles...
My hunting guns are sub 1MOA... good to 500 yds.
and are more like a liteweight battle weapon than a beautiful firearm...

STAY MILES AWAY FROM FIERCE FIREARMS. I will NEVER purchase anything from these clowns ever again.

Below is a chronology of my absolutely atrocious experience with Fierce:

• After extensive research, I went and bought their Carbon Rival in 6.5PRC. On my first day brining it to the range it doesn't eject brass from the barrel from the very first shot I took with it. The rounds are so jammed in there that I break a cleaning rod getting the brass out.
  • I notify Fierce and they own up to it and make it right by having my send it back to be fixed. I told them that I also never received a certified target which they brag about all over their website and they said that for my specific gun they don't do that. I pointed out the exact spot on their website where it says they DO do that and they said "oh yea hundreds of people have been pointing that out to us, but we don't do it we need to change the website." (note it has since been changed.)
  • I get the "fixed" gun back from them and I run snap caps through it to make sure it ejects them and it does. A few months go by and I get back out on the range for a long range shooting clinic for the very first time with this gun to get zero'd and get practice in ahead of deer season. After my 4th shot the same issue is back. Every single round gets absolutely buried in the barrel and has to be pushed out from the muzzle with a rod.
  • I am mindblown at this point, and I call Fierce back and I tell them that I want a brand new Carbon Rival, I don't want another fix on my gun I just want a new one and this time they NEED to give me the certified target so that I know it is truly in working order. I also asked them to throw in a bipod given what an ordeal this has become. To their credit they say that they want to make it right and they agree. They say they have a 6.5PRC Titanium Rival in stock that they will ship to me with a bipod upon getting my gun back.
  • I ship the gun back to them that same day and it arrives 2 days later. I call them to get the process moving and they explain that the gun that they had in stock for me has sold (how did they let that happen? Inattention to detail is how, and that is a theme here) and to build a new one will take around 3 or 4 weeks. I was stunned, but I was cooperative and we agreed on me getting a "Reaper" which is their new crossover style rifle which they say can be assembled & shipped to me in 1 week rather than 1 month.
  • They get my new Reaper shipped and in the interim I clarify with them a) make sure the bipod is there and b) make sure the certified target is there. They assure me everything is there and all is in great working order.
  • The day that my new Reaper is set to arrive at my FFL, Fierce calls me and I am assuming it is to tell me the gun is being delivered today, but in fact they call me and say "hey man, so we actually aren't sure if we sent you a 300 PRC or a 6.5 PRC. Can you let us know when it arrives which one it is? If it is a 300PRC you can send it back and we'll send you a 6.5PRC, I think we have the components to make that fix." I am beyond stunned at this point but I go down to my FFL and luckily it is a 6.5PRC so all seems to be OK.
  • However, when I open the case, the pistol grip / handguard is badly damaged and broken. On top of that, the Bipod is NOT there and NEITHER is the certified target.
  • I am furious at this point so I get back in touch with Fierce and they say don't worry we'll make it right we'll send you a new grip and the bipod was shipped separately but it is arriving today don't worry. They then call me back 30min later and they tell me the bipod wasn't shipped because it was out of stock but NOW they found one and it is being shipped. They also mention that if they forgot to put the target in the box, then it is probably lying around their shop but they will look around for it and not to worry because the gun DEFINITELY works.
That is where I currently am in the saga. I am in Cali so I am in my 10-day waiting window and I'm also waiting for the new handguard to arrive. I am literally afraid to take this gun to the range to see if it can eject brass and function properly. These guys have their heads so far up their *** they don't seem to know what on earth is going on at their shop. They're plenty cooperative in terms of being willing to apologize, but when you spend $6k+ on a gun you expect a bit more than a bunch of apologies. Rant over haha but I did want to put it here because I wish I had known before I went through all of this.
Wow i was just going to order a 7saum in the carbon rival for my son. Talked to john Nd gauge both. But now i have put brakes on. I have 7 ca in elr and ba and no complaints. So this makes me just want order one have him one built. Thanks for info

Wow i was just going to order a 7saum in the carbon rival for my son. Talked to john Nd gauge both. But now i have put brakes on. I have 7 ca in elr and ba and no complaints. So this makes me just want order one have him one built. Thanks for info
I have many Fierce rifles in my safe with zero issues. I sold them for many years before retiring. I have on order a Reaper in 7 Saum with a 20 inch barrel. I have no concerns at all. Order it through your local dealer. It will cost the same and he can take care of any issues if they ever arise. Rock solid company!

I would also highly recommend staying far, far away from Fierce Firearms. I ordered one at the Sports Show in Salt Lake City in February 2022. The salesman said that I should expect the rifle within ~12 weeks from date of order. After 14 weeks I called the rep that I purchased from and was told that I could expect it in two weeks. After an additional 4 weeks I called again, and the rep said it should be ready in two more weeks. Fast forward to the last week of August and still no communication and of course no rifle. I called the customer service line and expressed my concern for the delays and lack of communication. I also communicated that the reason that I ordered is because of the turnaround time as well as the complete package setup with the Sports Show Package discount. He put me on hold and after waiting 15 minutes he gets back on and says it will be ready in 1.5 weeks. The package that I purchased also included a Zeiss scope with a cut turret but Fierce didn't have the powder or bullets to test load data, so they were using a powder and bullets that I did not utilize but they stated that there would not be a change from the powder/bullets that I am utilizing. I offered to conduct load data testing after receiving the rifle and supply that information for the cut turret, but it would not be available in time for the fall elk hunting season. I cancelled the order and of course had to forfeit my $500 deposit because apparently after 8 months of waiting it is not refundable (I knew when I ordered that it was nonrefundable but that was under the Fierce stated 12-week timeframe), but I guess that is a better than giving Fierce an additional $3500 for a rifle that was tossed together at the last minute. I knew better than to go with a production-based company, but I guess we live and learn. I hope this helps with someone else's decision that is on the fence. Just my $.02.

I would also highly recommend staying far, far away from Fierce Firearms. I ordered one at the Sports Show in Salt Lake City in February 2022. The salesman said that I should expect the rifle within ~12 weeks from date of order. After 14 weeks I called the rep that I purchased from and was told that I could expect it in two weeks. After an additional 4 weeks I called again, and the rep said it should be ready in two more weeks. Fast forward to the last week of August and still no communication and of course no rifle. I called the customer service line and expressed my concern for the delays and lack of communication. I also communicated that the reason that I ordered is because of the turnaround time as well as the complete package setup with the Sports Show Package discount. He put me on hold and after waiting 15 minutes he gets back on and says it will be ready in 1.5 weeks. The package that I purchased also included a Zeiss scope with a cut turret but Fierce didn't have the powder or bullets to test load data, so they were using a powder and bullets that I did not utilize but they stated that there would not be a change from the powder/bullets that I am utilizing. I offered to conduct load data testing after receiving the rifle and supply that information for the cut turret, but it would not be available in time for the fall elk hunting season. I cancelled the order and of course had to forfeit my $500 deposit because apparently after 8 months of waiting it is not refundable (I knew when I ordered that it was nonrefundable but that was under the Fierce stated 12-week timeframe), but I guess that is a better than giving Fierce an additional $3500 for a rifle that was tossed together at the last minute. I knew better than to go with a production-based company, but I guess we live and learn. I hope this helps with someone else's decision that is on the fence. Just my $.02.
Well you just help me make my decision. If you dont mind which salesman was this you delt with ?

Not to get off topic, but lets say you have 1/2 MOA guaranty, and you cannot get 1/2 groups. You send it back, and they send it back to you with a target showing a 1/2 group. Once again you cant get 1/2...Not all shooters can shoot 1/2, with any rifle.

How does this get resolved? I think the accuracy guarantees are partially hot air.
usually they charge you and say it's fine.
it's a bold move to lay 1/2moa guarantees on rifles and I'd wager its a big part of what's eating up their customer service. if a public range is any indication, few people can even shoot that in ideal conditions.
the guy on the phone for that must be miserable

That's weird. Ordered two fierce rifles over the summer. One in Carbon Rival in 300 win mag and one in twisted rival in 7mm Rem mag. Both were here with in a week and a half. Looked at the twisted rival and decided I wanted to send it back for a CT rival in 7mm Rem Mag. Called them and they said send it back and after they inspect it to make sure it was still in the condition that it was sent to me in, they would send me the CT Rival. 2 weeks later, I had the CT Rival in hand. Both shoot awesome.

That's weird. Ordered two fierce rifles over the summer. One in Carbon Rival in 300 win mag and one in twisted rival in 7mm Rem mag. Both were here with in a week and a half. Looked at the twisted rival and decided I wanted to send it back for a CT rival in 7mm Rem Mag. Called them and they said send it back and after they inspect it to make sure it was still in the condition that it was sent to me in, they would send me the CT Rival. 2 weeks later, I had the CT Rival in hand. Both shoot awesome.
I had a few others tell me the same thing, so I am not sure what the delay was with my order. That is where my frustration stemmed from! I even read a thread on another forum where the purchaser had an issue and Fierce sent them a totally different new rifle! Perhaps that is why I never received mine! I understand that Fierce wants to be a quality service company but perhaps they should concentrate on a customer service company that encompasses quality service!

Welp, I bought a CT Carbon Edge in 2017 (before teh pandemic) and it took 14 months to get it. It is spiffy and shoots great but I was told I'd get it in 4-6 months because they were a bit behind on getting in the 22" barrel I wanted since they were moving from Canada procurement to more local source. My son and a biz partner both have CT Edge in 6.5 Creed and they shoot and look great, purchased over the counter in Jun of 2017...back when I simultaneously ordered my 7mm-08. So, in February this year, my biz partner and I became enamored with the 6.8 Western, so we called and ordered two rifles. We asked if it were possible to get them (based on my previous experience) to get it by mid-September for an Elk hunt in October--they promised them by July. In august when I'd heard nothing I called and after some time fumbling around and the standard supply chain/covid issues the answer was we probably ought to plan on taking a different rifle. They were supposed to call with an update this week...no update. Luckily I have the rifle I waited 14 months for to fall back on. Great rifles but understaffed, undercapitalized and amateur customer service personnel. I highly recommend Fierce rifles, but if you order a custom rifle, be ready to wait. If they have one in the model you like and caliber you're looking for I highly recommend a purchase from existing inventory...unless of course you can afford to wait.