Christensen Arms Mesa VS Nosler M48 Liberty

DartonJager

Which is the better rifle and why do you think so for mountain hunting and shots at or below 1200 yards the Christensen Arms Mesa or the Nosler M48 Liberty. Or are they pretty much an even toss up.
Thanks,
Art

Which is the better rifle and why do you think so for mountain hunting and shots at or below 1200 yards the Christensen Arms Mesa or the Nosler M48 Liberty. Or are they pretty much an even toss up.
Thanks,
Art
I had issues with my 28 nosler Mesa chamber. sent it back for refund

I had an M48 in 28 Nosler -
Shoots sub MOA verified to 964 yards. I sold it because I wanted to shoot the 195s.

It shoots the 180 Bergers awesome.

A good friend of mine bought as soon as I put it for sale - he had been at the range with me several times with it.

I didn't care for the trigger it came with and I contacted Nosler , their new rifle Manager is awesome, he e mailed a call tag and then swapped the trigger for the Timney upgrade at no charge.

I had a local bolt action rifle smith (Elite Gun Works) do a brake on it right after I bought it and I never got around to cerakoting it. So after I send my gun to Nosler I get a phone call and the guy says we have your gun and noticed the after market brake. Now to be honest I thought for second I was about to have a fight on my hands and a voided warranty etc because I had it worked on.

Nope -

I said yes I had a local shop do it. He goes "wow they do nice work. Im calling because I was wondering if you'd like to have the brake coated to match the gun?"

I said sure - how much will it cost? He goes " oh no, not going to charge you for that just wanted to do it for you so it's perfect".

How cool is that? Then about 2 months later I get a call from my buddy at Elite and he asks if I had recommended him to Nosler so I told him about what happpend then I asked Jim why he asked me that. He goes I got a call today from a gentleman with a new Nosler rifle that had called Nosler wanting them to put a brake on it. When they told him the turn times he said he needed it sooner to go hunting and they said you're in Boise go to Elite Rifle Works they do great work.

How awesome to have such attention to detail. I will also note that any new rifle I get goes to Jim at Elite before I shoot it for a bedding job, barrel lapping , muzzle crown concentric to bore and a brake. Jim called me when he had my new Nosler and said I have this gun apart and it doesn't need anything.

How awesome is that ?

I would own another in a heartbeat. I just wish it had a 1-8" twist 5R barrel and a long mag box :).

Nosler's Rifle customer service is impeccable.

By the way - the original trigger had just a slight bit of creep and a notchy feeling. Nothing major just not great. They gladly swapped it and called me and said yeah that trigger sucked. The new one is awesome.

Sorry to be long - but in this day and age to get service like that is awesome.

Kyle from Nosler also called a couple of weeks after I got my gun back just to check in on me.

Last edited:
If you want to shoot long range using long range bullets you should look at magazine box length of both.
Most of the nosler rifles have too short of a mag box from what I have seen, so you will have to single feed.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.