A Bolt trigger adjustment.

30 Hammer

I've been doing some work on my nephews A Bolt 270 wsm to get it to shoot better than the 3 MOA it has been shooting.

When I adjusted the trigger the best it would do was just over 4 lbs , up to more than 6lbs.

No one locally had the Timney spring kit in stock so I cleaned the entire assembly in a sonic cleaner and got all of the factory grease and 12 years of goop off.

Then I removed the factory spring and made 3 cuts, ending up with removing approximately 1.5 turns of spring off.

Now it will adjust down to about 1.75lbs and has plenty to go up from there.

It's honestly one of the best triggers I have ever shot,
I've shot all of the major brands and this thing is awesome. I've hammered on it and haven't been able to make it slam fire.

Any thoughts on this?

I've been doing some work on my nephews A Bolt 270 wsm to get it to shoot better than the 3 MOA it has been shooting.

When I adjusted the trigger the best it would do was just over 4 lbs , up to more than 6lbs.

No one locally had the Timney spring kit in stock so I cleaned the entire assembly in a sonic cleaner and got all of the factory grease and 12 years of goop off.

Then I removed the factory spring and made 3 cuts, ending up with removing approximately 1.5 turns of spring off.

Now it will adjust down to about 1.75lbs and has plenty to go up from there.

It's honestly one of the best triggers I have ever shot,
I've shot all of the major brands and this thing is awesome. I've hammered on it and haven't been able to make it slam fire.

Any thoughts on this?
I did the same on a couple of Ruger Hawkeye triggers making them more than acceptable. Give it a bath in lapping compound and work the snot out of it to smooth off any remaining burs and you may just fall in love with it.

Browning triggers are generally very good with a new spring in them, nice and clean with no creep. Not a Jewell, but better than most factory triggers.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.