Timney Trigger Spring Browning A-Bolt

7mmRemMag

So I took all the A-Bolt owners advise and ordered the Timney trigger spring for my new browning A-Bolt 7mm Rem Mag. All I got to say is wow! What a change in trigger pull. I took it out to shoot yesterday and already got tighter groups. I join in with the other A-Bolt owners who said "the best $20 I've ever spent" Thanks for the tip guys.

- Jay

Oh yeah. The factory trigger was way too heavy. Not to mention you can do the job yourself in 5 minutes or less with basic hand tools. It really beats having to spend the money on a trigger and it works great.

Each one I've installed made for a happy customer. Of course, a smart gunsmith can have the springs made for a fraction of the cost...

+1, I have them on all my A-bolts!! The next best thing for a browning is I just found out that Richard Near is making sloped MOA picicanty bases bases for both long and short actions...just ordered some some and recieved the one for my short actioin.....got it bolted on last night!! Way better than the EGW bases I have been using.

I have a browning Abolt and I do not know what y'all are talking about.... what do I need to get??? where do I get it??
Thanks

More like a screwdriver for the action screws and a small punch to push out the trigger pin. The pin is not difficult to push out.

There is really no spring tension on anything, so you don't have to worry about parts flying. It comes apart easily and goes back together just as easily. As was stated before, it's no more than a ten minute job for someone that's never done it before. Three minutes for someone with experience taking their time.

It comes with instructions, pictures even :D. I imagine you can view the instructions on Timneys web stite. Really, very simple.

Yep, that's what I did. Read the instructions, even then it was a pretty fast job. The pin that holds the trigger pushes right out with a punch a reay small screwdriver or a small Allen wrench. I used a small Allen wrench to push it out.
+ 1 on The spring flying out! Lol I learned that quick.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.