Adjusting adjustable trigger voids warranty?

Bigeclipse

So I was reading through the manual on a new Christensen arms rifle and noticed an interesting thing. please read the whole thing below and let me know what you think. it states:
Warning- Your Christensen arms firearm was designed and tested to function with it's original components. Alterations to the firearm in any way including but not limited to altering original components or replacing parts with aftermarket parts or components can cause malfunction and will void your warranty.
then it goes on to say in a separate paragraph "Trigger System": The trigger is factory preset with a pull weight of 3 lbs. After-market triggers should be installed by an experienced gunsmith. If alterations of the trigger are needed, contact Christensen arms. NOTE: Trigger system has tamper evident material on set screws and adjustments.

This to me is crazy. The rifle came with a triggertech trigger. These triggers are adjustable for lbs pull. Most people report they can adjust down to at least 2.5lbs if not a bit lower. How I read the above is if I wanted it adjusted lower, I at minimum have to contact Christensen arms and might have to send it back to Christensen arms to have them lower it OR else I could void the warranty?!? it is a simple Allen screw adjustment. Is this how you all interpret this? Just blows my mind.

I think that is a "CYA Lawyer Notation". Too many people who don't know what they are doing have probably messed with it in the past and either screwed up the trigger, made them unsafe and slamfire under bolt close, or had an accidental discharge. A properly adjusted trigger is no more unsafe than the nut behind the bolt will allow.

I think that is a "CYA Lawyer Notation". Too many people who don't know what they are doing have probably messed with it in the past and either screwed up the trigger, made them unsafe and slamfire under bolt close, or had an accidental discharge. A properly adjusted trigger is no more unsafe than the nut behind the bolt will allow.
That was my thought as well but I still do not want to void the warranty. Guess I will call them. I will test the rifle as-is since the trigger isn't to heavy.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.