trigger work vs. new adjustable trigger

tscott

I'm working on my 270 WSM Rem 700. I would appreciate some advise on having the trigger worked on vs. replacing with an adjustable. If you are for replacement, which ones do you prefer?
Thanks

The average guy can replace the trigger spring and adjust it for about $20 for the spring kit and shipping , that would get you down to the 2lb range after that I'd just buy one , I like Riflebasix triggers for the money , they make several modles that range from heavier 1.5-4lb to light 2-6oz units ,they run around $100 for the light weight target models , but they are well worth it.

I just installed a jewell HVR on my Rem700P. Haven't fired it yet but it is sweet! Easy install, even easier to adjust.

Took me about 30 mins with a torx driver and a pin pusher.

You may want to look at Remington's new trigger. Word is it will fit 700's all the way back to the first models. mtmuley

I ordered the Holland trigger spring kit from Midway, and was very pleased with the results. I was able to get the pull down to a little over 2 pounds, with no creep. The kit costs about $12, and is easy to install. This is for the "old" style trigger (not the X-mark pro). Its worth a try in my opinion, given the cost.

I also have a Jewell trigger on my .204, and that thing is a work of art! I have that set at 8oz, for bench work. They cost around $200.

Triggers

I love my Jewell triggers. I have had the factory triggers smoothed and lightened up and they work fine but to me the Jewell trigger is better.

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up having our local gunsmith install a new Timney. We set it at 2.75 lbs. and what a difference it made.
Thanks again.

Trigger

Kepplinger makes a single set trigger for the Remington 700. It's set at 16 oz's in set position and 2 1/2 pounds in normal position. My accuracy has improved tremendously.

I have installed Timney triggers on both a Rem M600 and a Weatherby Vanguard. I could not be happier with these triggers and have become a fan of them.
The $20 spring kit sounds interesting though.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.