A 300 RUM barrel and no party to go to?

Three44s

I just spoke for a 300 RUM barrel for a 700 ..........

Does the 700 come in a special extra long action or is it a standard long action that's modified?

I have two 7mm Rem Mag rifles in 700 already.

Best regards

Three 44s

The RUM cartridges work on a standard magnum long action, I have had two built with one off a 7 Rem Mag action and the other off a 300 Win Mag action.
Smith just had to massage a couple of areas from what I remember along with adding a RUM magazine box and follower.

WAMBO,

Thanks for the response!

Do the mods to a long action 700 preclude switching magazine boxes back to say 7mm Rem Mag or 300 Win Mag?

Three 44s

As already mentioned, the RUM's are built on the standard 700 LA. Your 7mm actions will do fine. Your smith may have to adjust the feed rails. There are 2 different extended Wyatts boxes available. Get the longer 4" one with centerfeed. you might also consider getting a PTG one piece .704 bolt with M16 style extractor and heavy duty recoil lug.

Thanks very much for the responses!

I will talk to my gunsmith about this when the time comes. What I am thinking is to leave the action as manufactured and run the RUM as a single shot for the time being.

One of my 700's is an very early one and the other is a TACK DRIVER with it's current barrel. I may just watch for a third rifle and have the deed done to it.

Best regards

Three 44s

ZSteinle,

You make a good point! I looked at those a short while back.

The trouble is, I am spoiled! I bought my first 7mm Mag with an original wood BDL stock for $269 about five years ago. My latest one ... a 2004 Stainless and detachable magazine ......... cost 450 from the same shop.

I have plenty of time ...... I'll just thunk on it for a spell!! And I think I can single shot it for a while until I decide ...... heck, I might HATE the big kick'in mule ...... ?

Best regards and thanks!!

Three 44s

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.