9.3x62 Does anyone shoot it?

My barrel is on order from Shaw right now. I am patiently waiting for it to arrive. I need a new stock and bolt face for my Savage, so I have to figure that out soon too.

I went short at 20" so I could keep it handy and not make it unwieldy when I put the suppressor on it. Once it is done maybe I can hammer a black bear or cow elk with it some year.

My barrel is on order from Shaw right now. I am patiently waiting for it to arrive. I need a new stock and bolt face for my Savage, so I have to figure that out soon too.

I went short at 20" so I could keep it handy and not make it unwieldy when I put the suppressor on it. Once it is done maybe I can hammer a black bear or cow elk with it some year.
9,3x62 is easy, a standard bolt face and long action magazine (.30-06, .270, .280) work fine. Savage sells 110s in 9,3x62 with bright orange stocks for use on driven game hunts in Europe.

I have also converted Savages to the big brother, 9,3x64 Brennecke. Pacific Tool and Gauge can make an appropriate bolt head.

This latter head also works for the .30 Hembrook, if you resize 9,3x64 brass. If you get premade .30 Hembrook brass from Qual Cart, I recommend a .510 boltface, as the rims on the .30 Hembrook brass are not rebated.

My caliber tendencies sometimes play towards the more eclectic side, and 9.3x62 has me intrigued. Does anyone shoot it? How does it shoot, what do I need to know?

I wanted to get a CZ550FS in it but CZ discontinued them a few years ago.

Now I am looking at the Sauer 100 which shows at a reasonable price if they come back into stock.
I built one on a CZ 550 action with a Lilja 23" barrel with Matt Cockrell in MT. Got a great deal on Leica Magnus 2-12 scope it's wearing. I"ve not hunted with it yet, but it shoots MOA with Lapua brass and bullets from Barnes, Nosler, and Hornady. The Europeans love this cartridge and the late Greg Rodriguez used in Alaska for the great bears and moose. I think it's a real sleeper for all No. American game out to 2-300 yds. Should be great in the woods. Those that use it say It's a real hammer in the woods and doesn't mess up a lot of meat. Great accuracy and consistency with my cast bullet loads and AA 5744, or H 4895. There's a lot to like about this one
IMG_0320.jpeg

9,3x62 is easy, a standard bolt face and long action magazine (.30-06, .270, .280) work fine. Savage sells 110s in 9,3x62 with bright orange stocks for use on driven game hunts in Europe.

I have also converted Savages to the big brother, 9,3x64 Brennecke. Pacific Tool and Gauge can make an appropriate bolt head.

This latter head also works for the .30 Hembrook, if you resize 9,3x64 brass. If you get premade .30 Hembrook brass from Qual Cart, I recommend a .510 boltface, as the rims on the .30 Hembrook brass are not rebated.
I have a savage 110 that is currently a 300 win mag that is going to be converted to 9.3x62. I am really digging the project. I found Hornady brass and bullets at Bruno's which is local to me that are waiting to finish the build. I know that Hornady brass isn't the best, but for a gun I am going to shoot 50-300 yards really I am sure it will be just fine.

I am hoping my son or I draw a cow elk hunt this year, and if either of us do it will be a rush to get this rifle online and dialed in. It will be a hammer in the areas we normally hunt.

Just got back from the range and testing 240 Hammer hunters. Tried N-540 and it shot 1" with 4 of 5 charges and the last one shot 3/4" at 2802 fps and no pressure signs. Gonna try 1 or 2 other powders when the other bullets arrive. I know the rifle will shoot better.

Just got back from the range and testing 240 Hammer hunters. Tried N-540 and it shot 1" with 4 of 5 charges and the last one shot 3/4" at 2802 fps and no pressure signs. Gonna try 1 or 2 other powders when the other bullets arrive. I know the rifle will shoot better.
Good to know. I've tried a couple of Hammer Hunters in .375 SOCOM and they are impressive on game.

1705008057719.png

I built one on a CZ 550 action with a Lilja 23" barrel with Matt Cockrell in MT. Got a great deal on Leica Magnus 2-12 scope it's wearing. I"ve not hunted with it yet, but it shoots MOA with Lapua brass and bullets from Barnes, Nosler, and Hornady. The Europeans love this cartridge and the late Greg Rodriguez used in Alaska for the great bears and moose. I think it's a real sleeper for all No. American game out to 2-300 yds. Should be great in the woods. Those that use it say It's a real hammer in the woods and doesn't mess up a lot of meat. Great accuracy and consistency with my cast bullet loads and AA 5744, or H 4895. There's a lot to like about this one
:)

blacktimber,

Great write-up, beautiful rifle nicely put together, and apparently…..very deadly! It seems to be a near perfect blend of funtionality!

In the write-up, you didn't mention the rifle's weight. What does she weigh in "fighting trim", scoped, fully loaded, and slung? Just curious about the weight. From the photos…..I'm gues'n about 8-14 to 9-4.

Warning: The following paragraph is for mature audiences only!
I see that it's "NOT" wearing a "weed burner"……how have you killed so much game, while surviving the recoil, 🙀 without developing a severe flinch or experiencing Cornea separation? 🫢 Asking for a friend! 😂

I also want to welcome you to our forum……mostly a great bunch of guys and me….the old grouch! memtb